No announcement yet.

Womens Golf - MVC Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With both teams through nine, WSU extended their lead to 18.

Comment

Shocks are up by 15 strokes with 16 total holes remaining. Shocker Megan Schuetz is in the clubhouse with a 5-over 77. MSU's Megan Furnish also has finished at 5-over. 4 holes each remain for the other 4 team members for each team.

Comment

I would say that this one appears to be in the Deep Freeze, huh?
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          I would say that this one appears to be in the Deep Freeze, huh?
          Yes.

I would prefer a little more protection on the high score than Taryn's 85 gives us but I don't think it will come into play.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 21, 2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Shocks win by 13 strokes over pre-tournament favorite Missouri State.

Shocker Senior Alejandra Arellano is the medalist shooting a total of 6-over 222 to win that honor by 6 strokes on what appeared to be challenging course for the ladies.

Shocks win back-to-back Valley Championships. The Shocks won Gateway Conference titles in 1987 and 1992. Last year was their 1st MVC title and their 1st trip to the NCAA Tournament. The Shocks will get their 2nd shot at the NCAA Tournament with this year's Valley title.

Congratulations Ladies! :yahoo:
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 21, 2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Shocker Sr. Alejandra Arellano's medalist honors in the Valley Tournament was her 1st career individual win and she became only the 2nd Shocker and the 1st in 28 years to win medalist honors in the Gateway or Valley Championship.

BURLINGTON, Iowa - The Wichita State women's golf team won their second-straight Missouri Valley Conference championship after shooting a 312 in the third round at the par-72 Spirit Hollow Golf Course. The Shockers shot a 301 in the first round and a 311 in the second round. WSU won the title by 13 strokes over second-place Missouri State.

Comment

Congratulations to Jr. Bryce Schroeder and So. Maria Alejandra Villalobos who were both named to the Valley Scholar-Athlete first team and to Jr. Meghan Schuetz who was named honorable mention.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Three Wichita State women's golf student-athletes have been named to the Missouri Valley Conference Scholar-Athlete team.

Comment

Working...
                X