No announcement yet.

Texas Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan Denny, the Texas pitcher the Shockers beat last night pitched a two-hit shut-out in leading Texas to a 2-0 win over Utah in the 3rd place game.

Shocks and Wisconsin up next.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Freshman Brianna Smet starting the Wisconsin game.

I'm a little surprised. Thought we would see Senior Ashley Bright as the starter.

Brianna is capable and her confidence should be good after her outing against Texas yesterday.

Go Brianna! :goshocks:

Comment

Brianna escapes a 2nd and 3rd with one out jam in the bottom of the second.

Shocks lead 1-0 after 2.

:goshocks:

Comment

Looking at the box scores of all the shocker games I see they were the home team once out of five games thanks Texas for a well run tournament. NOT
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
            Looking at the box scores of all the shocker games I see they were the home team once out of five games thanks Texas for a well run tournament. NOT
            I noticed that also. However, I suspect home and away in the Bracket play portion of the Tournament was pre-determined by where you slotted in the bracket.

Not sure I particular like this format, where you can win one game (i.e. Wisconsin) and find yourself in the Championship game. Nevertheless, it has worked out well for the Shockers so far.

Comment

shocks now up 3-0

Comment

Brianna works out of a 2nd and 3rd, nobody out jam, with 2 K's and a ground out to maintain the lead at 3-0 after 4.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Ashley Bright brought in to releive Brianna with one out in the Bottom of the 5th after Brianna gave up a walk.

Nice job by the Freshman going 4.1 scoreloess (so far).

Now take us on home Ashley.

:goshocks:

Comment

Heading to the 7th, Shocks still lead 3-0.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Ballgame. Shox win!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

:clap: :D :clap:

Ashley strikes out the side in the 7th,

Another solid weekend for the Lady Shocks.

Bringing the Texas Classic Championship trophy back on the bus, wiil make this afternoon's bus ride pretty pleasant.

:good:

Comment

Yes, Great win Lady Shox!!!

This team is for real, the next trophy we bring home needs to be the MVC Championship Trophy!!

:goshocks: :yahoo:

Comment

A 6 and 4 record against the BCS has to help our RPI right?
                            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The lady Shockers are looking quite impressive.

Side note. I don't know how many of you like to disscuss softball with fans from all over the nation, but if you do I suggest Ultimate College Softball. It's a very active board with fans from all over the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                                A 6 and 4 record against the BCS has to help our RPI right?
                                The level of softball in the MVC is pretty decent especially the Top half of the league. Comparable to VB in that regard and much, much more competitive with the Big schools than is MVC basketball.

Shocks still have 8 more games on the schedule with Big XII teams including the home opener vs Oklahoma State team this Wednesday at 5:00 pm.

Historically OSU has had a very good softball program with 6 WCWS appearances finishing 3rd four times along with a 4th and 5th place finish.

This year, however, they are only 10-9 and are coming off of a 3-game sweep at the hands of New Mexico. The Shocks defeated New Mexico 8-6 enroute to the Lobo Invitiational crown two weekends ago. Indiana State of the MVC owns a 5-2 win over OSU this year.

The other 7 Big XII games include a return game @ OSU in April, two games with Iowa State this weekend during the Shocker Invitational and Doubleheaders at home vs Missouri and on the road @ Kansas.

We also have Doubleheaders on the road at Memphis and Tulsa.

Coach Pooch has put together a pretty nice schedule this year and so far the Ladies have been up to the challenge.

Here is a link to the Schedule if you want more details:

Comment

Working...
                                X