WBB: Shockers at Illinois State and Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    I know that next Saturday is a big day, but it sure would be awesome if lots of fans show up for the big showdown with Drake on Friday night.
    And for Senior Day on Sunday.

Comment

Congrats to Alex Harden on her 5th Player of the Week honor this season:

Wichita State senior Alex Harden led the Shockers to wins over Illinois State and Southern Illinois last weekend, turning in averages of 21 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 4.0 steals en route to her league-leading fifth MVC Player of the Week honor of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        And for Senior Day on Sunday.
        On Jody's radio show last night, she said Kelsey is the toughest 5th year senior ever, played last year with a knee that required surgery in the off season and willed her way through the season, JB much like Jody, a Pit Bull, bites and won't let go, a fighter to the end and Alex, who will be the most decorated Shocker in history. I only wish they didn't wait until the final seconds of the show to address the seniors, they deserved more and I hope Shocker nation comes out strong not just Friday, but Sunday. They will be honored after our win against UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
          On Jody's radio show last night, she said Kelsey is the toughest 5th year senior ever, played last year with a knee that required surgery in the off season and willed her way through the season, JB much like Jody, a Pit Bull, bites and won't let go, a fighter to the end and Alex, who will be the most decorated Shocker in history. I only wish they didn't wait until the final seconds of the show to address the seniors, they deserved more and I hope Shocker nation comes out strong not just Friday, but Sunday. They will be honored after our win against UNI.
          I had intended to spend a little more time than what we did, but just had a lot to cover in the show with what took place last weekend and previewing the Drake game. Also, I really just wanted to make sure people knew there was good reason to come to senior day. Then, I can promise you, more time will be devoted to recapping the ceremony AND those 3 great careers on next Monday's show. Thanks so much for all your support!

Steve Strain
          Voice of Shocker Women's Basketball

Comment

Originally posted by VOTS View Post
            I had intended to spend a little more time than what we did, but just had a lot to cover in the show with what took place last weekend and previewing the Drake game. Also, I really just wanted to make sure people knew there was good reason to come to senior day. Then, I can promise you, more time will be devoted to recapping the ceremony AND those 3 great careers on next Monday's show. Thanks so much for all your support!

Steve Strain
            Voice of Shocker Women's Basketball
            Feel free to use any of the stats I have been accumulating for Alex Harden on this thread:

I think only focusing on Alex's pursuit of the All-Time Shocker career scoring records misses the point of Alex's excellence which is her all-around ability. Scoring, rebounding, assisting, steals and blocked Shocks.

If you do use this information I only ask that you consider mentioning ShockerNet.net

Comment

Nm
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
              X