Val Siemens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Val Siemens

I hear thru the grapevine that Val Siemens (sp?) has decided to transfer to WSU and play basketball next year. She was quite a standout at Circle High School and played one year at University of Tulsa. I don't know her numbers or what exact honors she has had, but I'm pretty sure she was All-State at least her senior year, if not before that. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Hadn't heard anything about it. Here is her bio from the tulsa site, which lists her high school accomplishments.

It would seem odd that she would transfer because she started all 30 games for them. I will be sceptical until I hear anything official.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Val can play. She would be a great addition if true. She went to Tulsa, from what I understand, to get away from her dad who is really hard on all of the kids when it comes to athletics. I'd always hoped she'd have gone to WSU anyway. I really do hope this is true as she did pretty well this past season I believe.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Val Siemens

Originally posted by trufan
        I hear thru the grapevine that Val Siemens (sp?) has decided to transfer to WSU and play basketball next year.
        If she did transfer from Tulsa would she not have to set out a year or does that rule not apply in women's basketball?

Comment

Re: Val Siemens

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Originally posted by trufan
          I hear thru the grapevine that Val Siemens (sp?) has decided to transfer to WSU and play basketball next year.
          If she did transfer from Tulsa would she not have to set our a year or does that rule not apply in women's basketball?
          Yes, she would have to sit out a year.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Val is my third cousin (I think). I've never met her, but my Dad and her Grandpa are cousins. I'd love to bring a family member into the Shocker family.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I really enjoyed watching her play while at Circle.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Why is it that women's players come from smaller schools and no one ever says anything about their abilities, yet when a guy comes from one, it's the biggest mistake ever?

Comment

huh? Is 4A basketball considered a smaller school?
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    That was my thought as well.

In any case I can answer rrshock's question in two words: Jackie Styles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                      Originally posted by SubGod22
                      That was my thought as well.

In any case I can answer rrshock's question in two words: Jackie Styles.
                      There's been alot more than just Jackie Stiles go from a smaller school to D1 from KS. Look at KSU's teams that were good. They were almost all from 2 and 3A schools.

And earlier I on the Men's Basketball forum, I saw someone saying that kids from a school like Scott City (4A) wouldn't have played against the competition because they were from a small school. I personally don't care what size the school is, or who they have played against, but it appears some do. I came from a smaller school, saw Holloway from Moundridge and then he did well. A kid from Hillsboro did too. But what I'm saying is there seems to be a double standard when it comes to Men's and Women's BBall and where they came from.

Comment

val/small schools

First of all, I know for a fact that Val is coming to Wichita. I'm friends with a player from Tulsa, and she told me.

Secondly, girls basketball is not much different from small towns to big. The size factor isn't there. To compete at a larger high school, a guard must still have some size and strength because someone will ahead of them. (Now of course, there are exceptions). But, in small schools, sometimes the tallest boy is 6'3". Girls heights just don't differ that much.

Skills are so much more important with girls than boys. If a girl can just shoot, and do it very well, there will be a scholarship for her somewhere.

Tulsa is falling apart, their coach has lost a lot of players and her top assistant coach (she fired her). According to the girl that plays for her (my friend), over 1/2 the players are planning on transferring. Too bad, they made the second round of the NCAA a year ago and was up by 4 or 5 points with a minute left in that game before they lost to DePaul.

Comment

There is no question that getting Val would instantly make us a better team. Anyone that can start for a team that wins a game in the NCAAs as a freshman is more than welcome.

Comment

not quite

well, she was there this year when they really weren't that good. nevertheless, she was a starter for a solid team (better than wsu) and will make wsu better.

Comment

Vals got game. :D
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X