No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at EMU Madeira Beach Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katie has the start against Texas State. Kennedy is in right field with Cacy at first and Macklin as the DP. The rest of the lineup is unchanged from recent games. With no appearances by Ashlynne for the second straight weekend, I assume she is hurt. Someone close to the program may be able to tell us.

Comment

Texas State 4 - Wichita State 3.

Shocks finish the tournament at a disappointing 1-4.

Comment

The Bobcats had two singles followed by a three-run homer in the third and a solo homer in the fourth, bringing on Jenni to complete the game. Katie gave up five hits and the four runs in 3.1 innings, and Jenni gave up just one hit in 3.2.

Liz and Brittany had solo homers for the Shocks in the second and third innings respectively. Liz doubled and was singled home by Mackenzie in the sixth.

Comment

For the morbidly curious:

5-1
          Texas State

4-1
          Florida International
          UAB
          UMass-Lowell

3-2
          Eastern Michigan
          Robert Morris

2-3
          Harvard
          North Dakota

1-3
          Columbia

1-4
          Villanova
          Shockers

0-5
          Siena

As you can see, there were no names at this tournament that just jump out at you, making our results all the more disappointing. Next weekend in California, we will be playing some real softball teams.

A total of twelve runs for the tournament is not enough to cover our never-sure-what-you-are-going-to-get pitching. Until we get Ashlynne back in the circle (assuming she is injured), our pitching staff is actually weaker than last year's.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            A total of twelve runs for the tournament is not enough to cover our never-sure-what-you-are-going-to-get pitching. Until we get Ashlynne back in the circle (assuming she is injured), our pitching staff is actually weaker than last year's.
            Personally, I think our pitching is comparable to last year and I am not sure Ashlynne will make much difference. So far this year we have an ERA of 3.54 vs last year's ERA of 4.13.

I think what is does highlight is the difficulty in relying on your offense to outscore opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Personally, I think our pitching is comparable to last year and I am not sure Ashlynne will make much difference. So far this year we have an ERA of 3.54 vs last year's ERA of 4.13.

I think what is does highlight is the difficulty in relying on your offense to outscore opponents.
              You are reading the opponent's ERA against us. Our ERA including today's game is 4.51.

I was relying on my memory (silly me), thinking Jenni got more innings last year than she did (only 53.0 of the 366.1). At this point, Ashlynne is a question mark - she simply has not pitched nearly enough to know if she can help. But I think Kelsey has pitched enough for us to know she will not be a big help. HCKB used her for just the one not-very-good outing in Florida. But as she keeps working, she may be a help towards the end of the season as Jenni was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                You are reading the opponent's ERA against us. Our ERA including today's game is 4.51.

I was relying on my memory (silly me), thinking Jenni got more innings last year than she did (only 53.0 of the 366.1). At this point, Ashlynne is a question mark - she simply has not pitched nearly enough to know if she can help. But I think Kelsey has pitched enough for us to know she will not be a big help. HCKB used her for just the one not-very-good outing in Florida. But as she keeps working, she may be a help towards the end of the season as Jenni was last year.
                You're right. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                X