Shocker Women 2013 Outdoor Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Nikki needed to finish in the top 4 AND get the "B" standard to qualify for the Pan Am games. She did finish 3rd but missed the standard by a mere 27 points. She needed about a 2:23 in the 800 and ran a 2:25:52, still a time 2+ seconds better than her PR.

This has been such a great season for so many Shockers. I hate that Nikki doesn't get a chance to compete internationally but I suspect she's going to shine going forward just like Tanya has for years. Perhaps even more. In addition to the Heptathlon, she is capable of scoring in the 200, 100H, long jump and perhaps eventually the javelin and the 800. She'll get great training in the javelin at WSU and she's got fantastic wheels and is capable of a much better 800 time, imh and completely unprofessional opinion.
    Let's not forget Nikki's fellow freshman Jenny Pinkston who finished 8th.

To the best of my knowledge Nikki's PR in the heptathlon was the 5,123 points she scored at the USA Juniors. Jenny Pinkstons 4,873 points at the USA Juniors is also a PR I think. Tanya's PR in the heptathlon as a Freshman was 4,746 as far as I can tell.

Jenny scored a 3,729 pentathlon in the 2013 MVC Indoor Championships. The only score I can find for Nikki in the pentathlon was 3,294 scored in the Varsity Apartments meet where she participated as unattached and I am not sure she was a full speed during the indoor season. Tanya's PR in the pentathlon as a freshman was 3,433.

Tanya improved her PR in the heptathlon by 1,150 points over her career and she improved her pentathlon best by 630 points over her career.

Not sure if Nikki and Jenny will be able to show that same amount of improvment but if they can then we certainly have a lot to look forward to over the next few years in following Nikki and Jenny.

Comment

Working...
    X