Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coverage is on the U.

Comment

So proud of Tanya! Even though Dwight ignored her in his lead in, she ran ANOTHER PR 2:17 and finished 5th if my calculations are correct.

And ANOTHER All America for Coach Bolt's program.

It's a GREAT day to be a Shocker!!!!

Comment

Tonya did finish 5th, picking up 4 points for the Wahine Shockers. Tonya eclipsed her PR by more than 100 points.

A truly GREAT local Shocker. Congratulations Tonya!

Comment

Not bad for a small town young lady who wasn't at all confident that Coach Rainbolt new what he was talking about when he told Tanya he wanted her to become a multi-event athlete. Not sure you will find a better example of a student athlete growing and improving steadily year after year until they become the 5th best heptathlete in the NCAA. Just could not be happier for or prouder of a student athlete.

Congratulations Tanya.

Year of the Shockers continues.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 7, 2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Aliphine finishes 4th in the 5k. Her 13th All-American performance as a Shocker. What a fantastic career.

Conratulations Aliphine.

Shocks have 17 points on the board and sitting in 11th place in the team standings. They will, of course drop from their as they are done but it will be interesting to see where they settle out.

Comment

Write-up of today's activities on goShockers.com: http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...CLID=208277167

Can you say true student-athletes. :good:

Comment

Today's article covering Aliphine's final race as a Shocker: http://www.kansas.com/2013/06/07/283...uk-bolton.html

While I wasn't expecting a win from Aliphine in the 5K, that's not really her race, it sounds like the frustration and disappointment of not be able to bag a National Championship finally got to Aliphine. She certainly has nothing to hang her head about.

No mention of Tanya's great heptathlon work. I sure hope the Eagle is working on an article on Tanya. While Aliphone deserves all the recognition she has received Tanya also deserves some place in the sun with some local pub as well. Hopefully, we will see that tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  So proud of Tanya! Even though Dwight ignored her in his lead in
                  Tanya is easily overlooked by commentators because she is Miss Steady Eddy as far as the pentathlon goes.

A lot of these athletes have 2 or 3 events that they just excel in and then may a couple of others that they struggle in.

Tanya doesn't hit a lot of home runs, but she doesn't strike-out much either. She just hits double after double after double and doesn't really stand out and then you look up and see she is the 5th best multi-event athlete in the NCAA.

Comment

Shocker women end up #16 in the NCAA. I'd say a fitting end to a very successful year in WSU Athletics!

Comment

• That's pretty flipping impressive if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        That's pretty flipping impressive if you ask me.
                        Doc, is that impressive?

Comment

• Shocker's competing in USA Jr. (under 20 years old) and Sr. Championships:

Sr. Championships: Tanya Friesen (Heptathlon)

Jr. Championships: Nikki Larch-Miller (Hep), Ashley Peterson (HJ), Jenny Pinkston (Hep) and Taylor Thomas (400h)

WICHITA, Kan.- The Shocker Track & Field team will send 11 athletes to this week's USA Junior and Senior Championships in Des Moines, Iowa, where they will compete against the nation's best in an effort to qualify for one of several international teams this summer.

Nice to see so many young Shockers competing.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 19, 2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• I'm not positive I want any of our student athletes traveling to Medellin, Columbia.

Comment

• Nikki Larch-Miller finished 3rd and Jenny Pinkston finished 8th in the Heptathlon.

Ashley Peterson failed to clear 5-8 3/4 finishing 8th

Comment

• Nikki needed to finish in the top 4 AND get the "B" standard to qualify for the Pan Am games. She did finish 3rd but missed the standard by a mere 27 points. She needed about a 2:23 in the 800 and ran a 2:25:52, still a time 2+ seconds better than her PR.

This has been such a great season for so many Shockers. I hate that Nikki doesn't get a chance to compete internationally but I suspect she's going to shine going forward just like Tanya has for years. Perhaps even more. In addition to the Heptathlon, she is capable of scoring in the 200, 100H, long jump and perhaps eventually the javelin and the 800. She'll get great training in the javelin at WSU and she's got fantastic wheels and is capable of a much better 800 time, imh and completely unprofessional opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X