No announcement yet.

Shocker Women 2013 Outdoor Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mariah had a tough day yesterday in the discuss. After a 7-hour rain/lightning delay Mariah fouled on her 1st two throws and was only able to get of a 155' throw which wasn't good enough to qualify for the finals. She wasn't the only one affected by the delay. Texas A&M's had a freshman thrower who was the #2 seed who fouled on all 3 of her throws following the delay.

Congratulations again are in order for Aliphine who qualifed for the National meet in the 5K as she again will compete in both the 10K and 5K where she has the 2nd and 3rd fastest times, respectively, in the nation going into the NCAA Championships.

Aliphine joins Tanya Friesen (heptathlon) in the NCAA Championship finals.

Comment

The NCAA Meet starts today with Austin Bahner (Decathlon), Tomas Cotter (Steeplechase), and Aliphine Tuliamuk-Bolton (10k). All kinds of links including live video and results can be found here: http://www.ustfccca.org/weekly-resul...or-track-field

Comment

Aliphine is scheduled to run the 10K tonight at 9:10pm Wichita time.

Go Aliphine.

The top eight finishers in each individual event, as well as American competitors who finish outside of the top eight in their event but are among the top eight of the American finishers in an event, earn All-America designation.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Aliphine is scheduled to run the 10K tonight at 9:10pm Wichita time.

Go Aliphine.
          Is this a qualifying race @1972Shocker:, or is it just a one race final? I think ESPNU has coverage the next 4 days do they not?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Is this a qualifying race @1972Shocker, or is it just a one race final? I think ESPNU has coverage the next 4 days do they not?
            It is appears to be a one race final. Not sure about the coverage but at a minimum I would expect there to be an online stream.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

And Aliphine is off in the 10K

Comment

really need the WSU girl to win this race to keep the MVC NCAA win streak alive

Comment

she needs to beat her former teammate here

Comment

I don't know if she has ever beaten Besty or not.

Comment

Runner up. Top 2 were head and shoulders above everyone else and if Aliphine had run in different years where her competition was not among the best 3 of all time in the event, she would have probably been a national champ at some point in her career.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

nice effort, needed a bit stronger kick that last lap.

Comment

Great effort by Aliphine. She kind of got trapped back in the pack about 3 times in the first 3K and had work her way to the outside an back up to the front of the pack. I'm sure that may have taken more energy the Aliphine was planning although I don't know if that was enough to make a difference. In the end Aliphine just doesn't have the closing kick that Saina has.

Nevertheless, I thought it was a great race and congratulations to Aliphine on another All-American performance.

Comment

Tanya sits in a tie for 14th after the opening heptathlon event, the 100M hurdles. However, I think her 13.83 she posted is a new PR so it is really not that bad of a start for Tanya.

Hopefully, she has a big high jump in her today.

Comment

Tanya has cleared 5-7.75 (I think) best so far in the high jump. The event is a little difficult to follow because the Live Results don't seem to be functioning properly for that event.

Tanya is capable of more.

Comment

Tanya is over at 5-10 which is within a 1/2 inch of her PR. So far only 1 other competitor has matched that height.

At most 8 competitors still jumping (including Tanya).

Comment

Working...
                                X