No announcement yet.

Shocker Women 2013 Outdoor Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larch-Miller and her sister are complete stud athletes. If they continue to develop and don't get slowed by injuries, I expect multiple Valley Championships from these girls. Maybe something more. Bolt absolutely STOLE these girls and personally, I couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Larch-Miller and her sister are complete stud athletes. If they continue to develop and don't get slowed by injuries, I expect multiple Valley Championships from these girls. Maybe something more. Bolt absolutely STOLE these girls and personally, I couldn't be happier.
      They probably were tired of teh crappy weather in San Diego. :beaten:

How in the world did 'Bolt pull that off. Maybe he was the only one recruiting them who could tell them apart. Hopefully, the Shocks won't be accused of switching them out in the multi-events.

Nikki seems to be well ahead of where Tanya was as a freshman in the multi-events.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post
        I think it'll take about 170 points to win the meet. Indiana State is capable of that, besides the Shockers, and Illinois State could sneak up there and give WSU a fight if all goes their way. The Shockers have had to deal with injuries this outdoor season. As mentioned above, Ledesma hasn't competed since early April with a foot injury but I believe she is going to try and compete at the MVC meet next week. WSU lost their best sprinter Shamoya Pruitt to a hamstring injury at the KT Woodman Classic. She's out for the year so don't look for many points in the 100/200 and the 4x1 won't be quite as good. Shanice Andrews also went down last week at the Track-It Buster. It's not known if she will be ready for conference.

With all that being said, luckily the Shockers are a deep team and still have a shot to win. Here is the scoring potential:

100 - none - We miss you Audacia.
        200 - unlikely - As I said we miss you Audacia
        400 - Taylor and Giles have both run well and could get a couple points - Kiara qualifies 8th, but Kristina does make the finals. Kiara finishes 8th in the finals.
        800 - Johnson will have a chance at a point or two - Clarissa qualifies 6th with but had the 3rd best time. Clarissa finishes 4th in the finals for 5 points.
        1500 - Phine/Shukla will need to score in the 12-15 pt range - Did not happen. Samamtha was fine with her 4th place finish but Aliphine struggled to a 6th place finish for a total of 8 points. Hope Aliphine is OK.
        5k - Phine will win, WSU needs McLeod or Shukla to add some points as well
        10k - Phine will win, need one more to get a few points - Aliphine did win and Emily Hornbeck chipped in 2 points with a 7th place finish.
        100h - Morerod/Friesen/Larch-Miller and a healthy Andrews can score a ton if it goes well - won't be a home run. Natalie and Shanice qualify 3rd & 4th, but Tanya and Nikki fail to make the finals. Tonya finishes 4th and Shanice 8th in the finals for 6 points. Far from the numbers originally hoped for.
        400h - Morerod should place well with Thomas a chance to score - Natalie qualiefies 4th and Taylor 8th. In the finals Natalie finishes 2nd and Taylor finishes 5th for a total of 12 points.
        4x1 and 4x4 - Should be solid in the top 3-4-5 positions - Shocks falter badly in the 4x100 finishing 6th.
        High Jump - With Friesen and Petersen looking good, Ledesma could give a huge shot in the arm. Could be a huge event - Ashley takes 1st, Tanya 3rd and J'Lynn chips in 3 points for a total of 19.
        Pole Vault - WSU has struggled but has potential with Craig/Detmer to move up significantly - According to form the Shocks would have expected 5 points but they pick up 9 with a 3rd (Craig), 7th (Detmer) and 8th (Loontjer)
        Long Jump - Again Friesen should score high with Reinke always doing well at MVC meets - Tanya 2nd and Courtney 6th for 11 points, but INS scores 13
        Triple Jump - Reinke should be in the top-3 and Andrews would be the other scorer if healthy - Courtney finishes 2nd and Shanice 7th for a nice total of 10 points.

Shot Put - not likely - as expected the Shocks do not score
        Discus - two freshmen to rely on, 12-14 points would be a great accomplishment - the two frosh, Mariah and Sadie, come through nicley with a 2nd and 5th place finishes respectively for 12 points.
        Hammer - Cook can score a couple points - Shocks fail to score - Emily fouled on all three of her prelimiary round throws and did not make the finals.3
        Javelin - This is where WSU could score 20-25 points if all goes well. And it does go well as the Shocks accumulate 24 points.
        Heptathlon - Another big scoring event, around 20 points. - On target after Day 1 with the LJ, Javelin and 800M on tap for tomorrow. Tanya wins, Nikki 3rd. Shocks pick up a total of 19 points.

3K Steeplechase - Kaitlyn McLeod and Kayle Deighn finish 9th and 10th. Inidiana State scores 6 points in the event. I think the Shocks had expected to score a few point here.

Indiana State will outscore WSU in the sprints but WSU will get them back in the distance races. It's more or less a battle of field event athletes between the two teams. Illinois State isn't strong in the field and will get most of their points on the track.

Should be a close and exciting meet. If the Shockers pull it off with all the injuries it will be a great accomplishment for Coach Rainbolt and the team. Go Shockers!
        Actual results shown above in red.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 12, 2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post
          I think it'll take about 170 points to win the meet.

Hammer - Cook can score a couple points
          Javelin - This is where WSU could score 20-25 points if all goes well.
          So far:

Hammer - Cook failed to get a legal throw and didn't score.
          Javelin - WSU amassed 24 points taking the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th places.

Sheesh, just realized I am an hour behind. Thanks for the update @1972Shocker:!

Comment

I just wanted to track how we are doing against the list compiled by @goshox74 to get a feel how we are doing according to form. So far so good, but a long way to go.

One fine performance by the Lady Shocks. Hopefully, Paige Knodle doesn't have another 150+ footer in her for tomorrow's Heptathlon.

Coach Rainbolt should be very pleased with the 9 points the Lady Shocks pocketed in the pole vault from Cassie Craig (3rd), Cara Detmer (7th) and Meg Loontjer (8th). Meg was 14th on the form charts coming in so that was certainly an unexpected point from her..

A good start for the Lady Shocks today with Aliphine's speicalty, the 10K, yet to come.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 10, 2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Just a quick "form" update.

Hammer: Indiana State would have expected 6 points and got 5, WSU 3 and got 0. Net +2 for the Trees
              Javelin: Indiana State 0-0 WSU 25-24. Net +1 for the Trees

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I just wanted to track how we are doing against the list compiled by @goshox74: to get a feel how we are doing according to form. So far so good, but a long way to go.

One fine performance by the Lady Shocks. Hopefully, Paige Knodle doesn't have another 150+ footer in her for tomorrow's Heptathlon.
                That's right about where she is though. The girl can throw.

Comment

Just a quick "form" update.

Hammer: Indiana State would have expected 6 points and got 5, WSU 3 and got 0. Net +2 for the Trees
                  Javelin: Indiana State 0-0 WSU 25-24. Net +1 for the Trees
                  I think we can live with some minor slippages as long as they are not too frequent. No disasters so far.

I'm sure Emily is very disappointed that she failed to get off a clean throw.

Comment

That's right about where she is though. The girl can throw.
                    Yes, she is certainly capable of that, but her best throw in the open javelin was 6 foot clear of her second best throw of the 5 throw she made. I like to see her in the 145' area tomorrow.

Actually Tonya's 137-7 throw in the open javelin is not a bad throw for her either. I take that again tomorrow.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 10, 2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Good news form wise in the vault!

Indiana State could have expected at least 25 points while the Shocks looked for 5.

Cassie Craig sneaks into the 3 spot and Cara Detmer finished 7th and Meg Loontjer 8th for the Shocks.

Indiana State 21.5 WSU 9. Instead of a 20 point spread, it's only 12.5. Good job ladies!

Comment

Aliphine, as expected, won the 10K in a time of 34:44.01 which was a full minute ahead of the 2nd place finisher. The good thing though is that Aliphine did not have to tax her self as she has run as fast as 32:07.20 this year. So she should be in good shape for the 5K and the 1,500.

Fr. Emily Hornbeck finished 7th picking up 2 points and she knocked nearly a full minute off of her previous best time.

So. Mackenzie Maki who had the 7th best time coming into the meet did not run although her previous best would not have close to scoring.

Comment

In his pre-meet speech to the Lady Shocker team Coach Rainbolt says that they have the margin between the Shocks and the Sycamores at 4 points. So EVERY point counts.

DES MOINES, Iowa- After one day of competition at the Missouri Valley Conference Championships, the Shocker women hold a 12 point lead.

Comment

Score after Day 1

================================================== ===========================
                            Women - Division Unknown - Team Rankings - 4 Events Scored
                            ================================================== ===========================
                            1) Wichita State............ 45
                            2) Southern Illinois......... 33
                            3) Indiana State............ 26.50
                            4) Illinois State............. 24
                            5) Northern Iowa...........19.50
                            6) Bradley.................... 6
                            7) Drake...................... 2

Comment

Tanya gets her day off to a decent start with a 20' long jump and she adds 115 points to her lead over Paige Knodle. Tanya has a 365 point lead with the javelin and 800M run remaining, both of which are very storng events for Paige Knodle.

Nikki Larch-Miller did not have a great LJ and she is in 3rd with a 95 point lead over Indiana State's Kelly Steffen.

Indiana State's Rachael Johnson is currently in 6th place only 3 points behind 5th place Brianne Brummer of Drake. The Shocker's Gavyn Yetter is in 7th (83 points behind Johnson) and Jaclyn Abrahamian is in 8th (119 points behind Johnson).

Jaclyn is pretty strong in the Javelin so hopefully she can get off a good throw. Coming in Jaclyn was in 5th on the Valley just ahead of Johnson and Brummer.

At this point I don't see any of the Shockers catching anyone in front of them. They just need to hang on to their current positions.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 11, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Good news form wise in the vault!

Indiana State could have expected at least 25 points while the Shocks looked for 5.

Cassie Craig sneaks into the 3 spot and Cara Detmer finished 7th and Meg Loontjer 8th for the Shocks.

Indiana State 21.5 WSU 9. Instead of a 20 point spread, it's only 12.5. Good job ladies!
                                Meg Loontjer improved on her season best jump by a full foot.

Comment

Working...
                                X