Fall Softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    I hope the gals improve nicely this year, but until I start to see how they're doing, I think they would do well being above .500 with that schedule (based on other teams' last year RPI). Probably more like 7-10 or 8-9.
    I think I am with ShockTalk on this one, as much as I would like not to be. The pitching is a senior and a junior. Though there could be a big improvement over last year, any improvements are more likely to be incremental. And as mentioned a number of times by a number of people, the pitching has to be much stronger for the program to start moving up.

Comment

Sorry, I admit that I tend to wear rose colored glasses when I am looking at my Shockers.
      I am still optimistic that we will win at least 14 games out of our first 19.

Comment

Unfortunately, last year's RPI rankings may or may not be predictive of anything. So much depends on how many key players a team graduated and how many are returning, especially if you are talking about pitching and, of course, it is almost impossible to know what kind of impact any newcomers might have.

Overall, I see a schedule (at least pre-OU) that offers the Shockers the opportunity to be competitive. But the Shocks weren't exactly world-beaters last year, have lost their two best bats from last year and return essentially the same pitching staff. That makes it hard for me to see them dominating this schedule. However, I would love to be served up a future plate of crow (slow-roased please) on this.

Comment

BC's Jesse Haffner was at the Butler pitching camp this morning hitting 63 on the gun quite a few pitches.

Comment

Looks like we won't be getting any of the Butler Juco pitchers. I heard that all three sophomores have committed.
            Mac Millspaugh - Creighton
            Maggie Ham - OU
            Kelsey Berlin - Arkansas
            I still think we need more than just one pitcher coming in next year. Does anyone know if we are looking at anyone else?

Comment

Don't know if she will be playing softball at WSU or not but the Cowley pitcher, Bonar will be attending school at WSU next year I am told. And there is nothing wrong with QP's hearing.

Comment

Any interesting info out of the HCKB softball camp Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                X