WBB: 2023-24 Non-Conference Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    They can’t guard anybody​​​​​ long enough. The ORU coach did not bother to call a TO with the score tied. She knew one of her guards could drive the court and get a layup and they did. Too many turnovers too.
    Spot on. After watching the replay I would say I have to agree.

ORU could get to the rim just about anytime they wanted. The 3rd quarter success for the Shocks was perhaps mostly due to ORU going cold as they were only 3-19 from the field.

Also I wonder if the pace that ORU plays may have takren its toll on the Shocks during ORU's 4th quarter rally.

The Shocks Shocks turned it over 45 times in the last 2 games and 100 times in its last 5 games. And many of those turnovers are due to carelessness and poor judgement.

The Shocks did have by far their best 3-point shooting game of the year hitting 7-17. But even that may have been an anomaly with Sierra going 5-5 and with both Sierra and Ornella banking in a 3. Take those away and the Shocks were 1-11. Opponents will probably be paying more attention to Sierra on the perimeter going forward.

I have not been particularly impressed with the Shocks defense this year.

Also, I am not sure Terry Nooner did DJ McCarty or his team any favors by playing her injured during the non-con. It was painful to watch her last night and now the Shocks are heading into AAC play with DJ looking like she is in bad shape. physically.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And many of those turnovers are due to carelessness and poor judgment.
      +1

ORU played a zone occasionally. They started Q4 with it, got the Shocks out of their Q3 rhythm, and they never really got it back.

Comment

Working...
      X