Softball recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball recruiting

Coach needs to take a long, hard look at Jordan Baughman. She's a JR at Circle and plays for the Kansas Blue Sox in the summer. The Blue Sox are a very strong A team and last summer she played with the U18 team in Texas and was by far their best player I'm told. I believe she's a SS/CF with a great bat and strong arm. Also a terrific student and individual from a great family. She's going to have a lot of options but I think there's a decent chance she'd stay close to home.

I'll admit I have a niece that plays with one of the U12 teams for the Blue Sox and that Jordans little sister is on that team. I haven't seen Jordan play myself but she's the most talked about player from the 18s. I might get a shot to see Circle play some soon.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Coach needs to take a long, hard look at Jordan Baughman. She's a JR at Circle and plays for the Kansas Blue Sox in the summer. The Blue Sox are a very strong A team and last summer she played with the U18 team in Texas and was by far their best player I'm told. I believe she's a SS/CF with a great bat and strong arm. Also a terrific student and individual from a great family. She's going to have a lot of options but I think there's a decent chance she'd stay close to home.

I'll admit I have a niece that plays with one of the U12 teams for the Blue Sox and that Jordans little sister is on that team. I haven't seen Jordan play myself but she's the most talked about player from the 18s. I might get a shot to see Circle play some soon.
    Ummm, I'm not sure where you heard that but I know several girls on the 18U Blue Sox team from last year that would highly disagree with that. Two of them are doing very well at Tabor and one at Pitt State. To post something like that you should probably be pretty sure that what you are saying is true..... I know several girls on this year's 18's team would disagree with you also. However, Coach Megan is doing a great job with the Blue Sox organization and good luck to Jordan.

ETA: There are good players on the 18's team, but none that I believe are DI caliber players....Just my opinion.

Comment

I'm just going off what I've heard from some within the organization. She impressed quite a few in her short time with the team. I forget who she was playing with before the switch. Like I said though, I follow the 12s more and they're looking very good. I was just relaying what I've heard.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Coach K needs to recruit players off Gold teams. Peppers, Zyphers, (which she has a couple coming from) Mac N Seitz and the like in Kansas, but for a pitcher will have to look elsewhere for a couple years. Our top uncommitted pitchers in state are sophomores and she is after a few of them that I am aware of.

Also, this is one of the best sophomore HS classes I have seen in some time. Recruit players who can compete in the Valley, then worry about getting players to maintain a competitive game with the Big 12 teams.

Comment

Its going to take a little to get her to play in college, but Syd Eck struck out 21 tonight and hit three home runs for Andale against Buhler

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen View Post
            Its going to take a little to get her to play in college, but Syd Eck struck out 21 tonight and hit three home runs for Andale against Buhler
            I was told that she intends to go to school and study to become a doctor, dropping softball after high school. Or is that what the "take a little to get her to play" is referring to? Take a little to convince her to play.

Comment

I think I heard she was going to K-State but I may be wrong. She's a great player, it would be nice to see her in black and gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen View Post

Seriously, do we have any chance at this girl? What does her fastball top out at? Would she be an immediate No 1 starter here?

Comment

Do we have a list of softball signings somewhere?

Any uncommitted juco pitchers out there that could help?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Do we have a list of softball signings somewhere?
                    Don't know of any as of right now. The regular signing period for the 2013 softball season is April 11th through August 1st. The early signing period for the 2014 season is usually the second full week of November. Most of the current freshman class were signed to LOI's in November 2010.

Comment

Signings

My recollection is that the new coaching staff signed a top pitcher out of Iowa are some state north of here for year, 2012-13. I dont' remember her name, but it should be available by scrolling thru the history available on the softball part of Go Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                        My recollection is that the new coaching staff signed a top pitcher out of Iowa are some state north of here for year, 2012-13. I dont' remember her name, but it should be available by scrolling thru the history available on the softball part of Go Shockers.
                        I don't find anything like that in the news archives on goShockers.com. Last signing announcement I saw was Pitcher Katherine Johnson on April 25, 2011.

Pitching Coach Samantha Sheeley, who played for HCKB at Emporia State, is from Coralville, Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I don't find anything like that in the news archives on goShockers.com. Last signing announcement I saw was Pitcher Katherine Johnson on April 25, 2011.

Pitching Coach Samantha Sheeley, who played for HCKB at Emporia State, is from Coralville, Iowa.
                          But @xazshox: does ring a bell with me, too. It may not have been a signing, but an oral commitment. Research will have to wait until later.

Comment

Pitcher

I didn't remember correctly where I saw it. It's not on Go Shockers but on Shockernet under Women Sports, & you have to scroll back to last fall. Turns out it was an oral committment only. I didnt' find anything later that showed where she signed a LOI during the fall signing period. Here is what I found though & the piece on her oral commitment is buried at the of a whole lot of other WSU sports news on the web article below:

1. Hunter Stohlmeyer
                            From Paul Suellentrop's column in the Sunday Eagle:

Ames (Iowa) High pitcher Hunter Stohlmeyer orally committed to Wichita State's softball team last week, according to the Ames Tribune ....

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/09/205...#ixzz1aIw0F8CW

Comment

Good recall @xazshox.

I remember watching this video now:

Comment

Working...
                              X