Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Wilson/Demarini Invitational (Arizona State)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shocks go down one-two-three in the top of the fourth. In the bottom half, Brittney enters the game in left, replacing Sydney. If injured, apparently she can catch and throw. Also, Katherine replaces KA in the circle.

A double, homer and homer is worth three runs. Sorry, @1972Shocker:, it does not appear we will have a regulation-inning game against the Sun Devils.

Shockers 0-9 Arizona State, after four.

Comment

Shockers 0-9(5) Arizona State

Hillary Bach completes the five-inning perfect game.

The Shocks play Boise State tomorrow for their last game in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        Sorry, @1972Shocker, it does not appear we will have a regulation-inning game against the Sun Devils.
        Perhaps a little optimistic on my part. We simply don't have the firepower to stay with Sun She-Devils.

Comment

Has anyone found a link to a game track for the Boise game? It's not listed on either schools websites. Looks like we might be stuck with Facebook/Twitter feeds.

Comment

I picked up the game late, but the stat feed had some hiccups and kept timing out or going down. BSU 5-4 WSU. Erin Carney had a 3-run HR in the bottom of the 5th to tie the game at 3-3. BSU scored 1 in 6th and 7th. Brianne Bond hit a solo HR to make it 5-4. Sammie reached on error and Erin struck out to end the game.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU2011Parent View Post
              I picked up the game late, but the stat feed had some hiccups and kept timing out or going down. BSU 5-4 WSU. Erin Carney had a 3-run HR in the bottom of the 5th to tie the game at 3-3. BSU scored 1 in 6th and 7th. Brianne Bond hit a solo HR to make it 5-4. Sammie reached on error and Erin struck out to end the game.
              Sloan pitched the first 5.2 of this one, giving up four runs, three on solo homers. She took the loss, giving up the run in the sixth (earned, though LiveStats says otherwise). KA come on in the sixth and gave up the run in the seventh (two HBP and a single) to make the score 5-3. Brianne's homer could not close the gap.

Although this was not a win, I find it an encouraging performance, battling back against a decent team. The Broncos previously lost to ASU, 4-0.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFan View Post
                Has anyone found a link to a game track for the Boise game?
                I found the same problem earlier in the tournament. The table of links to LiveStats was not to be found, so I took the link from a previous game (see my posts) and incremented the ID by one. The ID for this morning's Boise State game is 5522. I intend to bookmark this latest link and then just bump the ID on it by one if no link to LiveStats is found on the goshockers site.

Someone holler if that explanation is unclear.

Loyola of Chicago comes to town for a DH on Wednesday.

Comment

From today,

Creighton 19-4(5) Howard
                  Creighton 1-3(8) Arizona State

The Sun Devils homered in the sixth to tie and again in the eighth to win against Creighton.

Comment

Working...
                  X