Shocker Softball-Looking ahead to 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKinney Named to USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year Watch List

Junior shortstop Sydney McKinney has been named to the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year Watch List, it was announced Wednesday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      McKinney Named to USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year Watch List

Junior shortstop Sydney McKinney has been named to the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year Watch List, it was announced Wednesday morning.

I see where we're ranked #25 in all the softball pre-season polls I've seen.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I saw where Barnard is also in the Softball America top 100 along with McKinney.

I want to say McKinney was in the late 30s and Barnard was early 40s. I'll have to see if I can find it. Think I saw it on Twitter in the past couple of days.

Can't wait to see these ladies go this spring.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I see where we're ranked #25 in all the softball pre-season polls I've seen.
          Not sure those pre-season polls mean all that much especially for the Shockers. A lot that respect probably comes from the success of last year's team but this year is a totally different team with some big holes to fill to replace Perrigan (catcher), Lange (#1 pitcher), Buck (3rd base), Huecker (2nd base) and Nickerson (centerfield). Lot's of questions that will only be answered with time.

I am guardedly optimistic.

Comment

38 and 42
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Syd is really, really good defensively. That's not to discount how good she is at the plate, but her glove and arm skills are elite.

Addy hits a ton, but it will be interesting to see how she does without Butters there to protect her.

I agree with 1972Shocker that we have some holes to fill and questions in the circle. But something tells me this team is going to be pretty special. Maybe it's the whole "winners win" mentality, I don't know. But this team being even better than last year's team will not sneak up on this fan.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Syd is really, really good defensively. That's not to discount how good she is at the plate, but her glove and arm skills are elite.

Addy hits a ton, but it will be interesting to see how she does without Butters there to protect her.

I agree with 1972Shocker that we have some holes to fill and questions in the circle. But something tells me this team is going to be pretty special. Maybe it's the whole "winners win" mentality, I don't know. But this team being even better than last year's team will not sneak up on this fan.
                I'm also hopeful that if they can have another good year and we continue to get good press, that KB is going to land a few more pieces, and maybe even a higher level pitcher, in the near future. The program had some buzz last year, and not just locally. KB has a great personality and is a hell of a coach. She has a chance to make this a consistently good program that starts landing more talent. Not a knock on who we have here now as we have some ballers, but we can definitely afford to elevate some areas and that includes the circle. As someone who's seen a lot of travel softball the last 14 years or so, I know how far a great pitcher can carry a team. I've seen great hitting teams lose because they can't control the other teams offense. Pitching and D go a long way.

So yes, we have some holes to fill, but I'm pretty confident that KB has pieces in place to do that.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The only other AAC player in the Top 50 Collegiate Player of the Year list USF's outstanding senior pitcher Georgina Corrick.

Softball America is a subscription based sight so not sure how many AAC players are on that list although no doubt Corrick would be.

Comment

Barnard, McKinney Tabbed Softball America Preseason All-Americans

Preseason honors continue to roll in for Wichita State softball, as Addison Barnard and Sydney McKinney have been named Preseason Third Team All-Americans by Softball America, it was announced Monday morning.

Addison Barnard and Sydney McKinney have been named Preseason Third Team All-Americans by Softball America, it was announced Monday morning.

The duo becomes the first pair of Shockers to earn preseason All-American honors in school history.

There are 16 players picked by position on each of the first, second and third teams. Hope, all these preseason honors don't jinx Addison and Sydney.

Comment

Am I missing something or is Lauren Johnson no longer on the softball team? Anybody know the story behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                        Am I missing something or is Lauren Johnson no longer on the softball team? Anybody know the story behind that?
                        I noticed the same. My assumption is that she could see the writing on the wall - it was just not going to happen. But that is rank speculation.

Comment

Working...
                        X