No announcement yet.

#25/RV Shocker SB at #23/25 UCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted by the OP. I found the "running post" of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Deleted by the OP. I found the "running post" of the game.
      Take over if you like. I'm not doing too good.

Comment

Jewell, who relieved in the first inning of yesterday's second game, gave up only one hit and a walk in her 5.2 innings. Perhaps lessons were learned by her that are carrying over to today's game.
        I think so and what it looks like they have found is that the Shocks are not very good at or are simply unwilling to try to hit the ball to the opposite field.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Take over if you like. I'm not doing too good.
          :) No, stay with it. I think I will be called to the table soon.

I think in NCAA the tiebreaker does not start until the tenth inning. I do not know if the AAC has its own Conference Rule.

Comment

:) No, stay with it. I think I will be called to the table soon.

I think in NCAA the tiebreaker does not start until the tenth inning. I do not know if the AAC has its own Conference Rule.
            Apparently this game can't go past 1:00 pm CDT as the Shocks have a hard travel deadline.

Comment

Apparently this game can't go past 1:00 pm CDT as the Shocks have a hard travel deadline.
              The bottom of the 11th will go past 1pm CT. No inning starts after? Hopefully, the game does not end in the 11th, and we find out.

Comment

Looks like they called the game at 1:00, despite UCF having runners at first and third with one out.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The bottom of the 11th will go past 1pm CT. No inning starts after? Hopefully, the game does not end in the 11th, and we find out.
                  Apparently, no at-bat starts after. Tie Game Twitter says. UCF has to be bummed, but they did lead off the sixth with a triple, so ...

Comment

The Shocker offense all of a sudden has a big cloud hangting over it. The positive was the pitching of Bailey and Caitlyn. Especially Caitlyn who probably had the best weekend of her career.

Comment

Sometimes the cloud is caused by the other team. Don’t think it will last long.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Sometimes the cloud is caused by the other team. Don’t think it will last long.
                        That is true and and sometimes you contribute to your own demise. UCF pitchers over the last 17 innings found a very effective approach and executed it very well. The Shockers did not appear to make any adjustments in their approach.

The pitching the Shocks will face over the remainder of the season will be at least as good as UCF's pitching and they now have 17 innings of video to study. The cloud may very well disappear but the Shocks need to study this as well and make some adjustments in their approach at the plate if they have that ability.

HCKB is no doubt thrilled with the series win and the pitching efforts from Bailey and Caitlyn. But she is too good of a coach to not to be concerned about the hitting going forward and I anticipate we will see some changes in approach that hopefully will give the Shocks more success against quality pitching.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 18, 2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Other AAC Series

Memphis 0-4 Tulsa

ECU 1-3 Houston

FGCU 1-2 USF (Bye)
                          Corrick pitched one-hit and two-hit shutouts.

Are she and Caitlin the candidates for Pitcher of the Week? Are Caitlin and Bailey the Co-Pitchers of the Week?

Conference Standings

14-1-1 Shockers
                          9-2 USF
                          8-3 Tulsa
                          9-6-1 UCF
                          4-12 Houston
                          2-10 East Carolina
                          0-12 Memphis
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; April 18, 2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

FGCU 1-2 USF (Bye)
                            Corrick pitched one-hit and two-hit shutouts.

Are she and Caitlin the candidates for Pitcher of the Week? Are Caitlin and Bailey the Co-Pitchers of the Week?
                            Maybe Tri-Pitchers of the Week,

Comment

Maybe Tri-Pitchers of the Week,
                              I am hoping that a Conference series carries more weight than a Bye series in the consideration. It should unless there is really not a Conference option.

Comment

Apparently, no at-bat starts after. Tie Game Twitter says. UCF has to be bummed, but they did lead off the sixth with a triple, so ...
                                Plus UCF had every opportunity to start the game earlier. I realize nobody expected a 2.5 hour game, but don't start so late.

Huge weekend here. Forecast for Friday is dicey. Saturday looks great. Baseball in Cincy, hopefully a lot of folks will show up. These young ladies deserve some support.

Also, the PBP guy this weekend mentioned something about announcing regional hosts by the end of the month. WSU has to at least be in the discussion now. Did I hear that right?

I checked RPI and probably barely in the discussion is more accurate. Also, given that OU Texas and Arkansas are mortal locks to host, I can't see another midwest host and everyone knows the SEC will host at least half of 16 sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X