No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at North Texas Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, Jessica is indeed injured and will be in the lineup when that is resoulved be it this weekend, next, or down the road. Also to be fair, if you guys are going to chastize a young lady for deciding she doesn't want to be a Shocker and going somewhere else, I know two young ladies who were offered by the former coach, stopped their recruitment because they thought they had a place to play, then were told by the new coach that their commitments would not be honored several months later. Because it was too late to go through the process again, they are now headed to Division II schools where they should have a lot of success, even with shattered dreams. It's a two way street people. If you are going to dog on people who don't want to play for the program, and remember, this wasn't on the new coach, but not wanting to play for the old one at the time, then you have to take the heat the other way for rejection young ladies who had committed to your program which you new coach decided she didn't want to keep. These two young ladies in my opinion, are better ball players than some now on scholarship but that and a three dollar bill should get you a cup of coffee at the concession stand to warm up with.

That said, good luck to the Lady Shockers this weekend and may they find the pitching down the road and the improvement they are looking for.

Last remark: I'm not seeing any GameTracker information on this weekend's games. What do we have to do to get results?

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen View Post
      Last remark: I'm not seeing any GameTracker information on this weekend's games. What do we have to do to get results?
      Just like last weekend in Waco, the North Texas tournament is using an on-campus site and an off-campus site. Tournament Central shows that Live Stats are only available for the on-campus games. We have to wait for the box score to be posted for games at the off-campus site. Both of the Shockers' games Friday are off-campus (box score only). The rest of their games are on-campus (Live Stats).

Comment

To be fair, Jessica is indeed injured and will be in the lineup when that is resoulved be it this weekend, next, or down the road. Also to be fair, if you guys are going to chastize a young lady for deciding she doesn't want to be a Shocker and going somewhere else, I know two young ladies who were offered by the former coach, stopped their recruitment because they thought they had a place to play, then were told by the new coach that their commitments would not be honored several months later. Because it was too late to go through the process again, they are now headed to Division II schools where they should have a lot of success, even with shattered dreams. It's a two way street people. If you are going to dog on people who don't want to play for the program, and remember, this wasn't on the new coach, but not wanting to play for the old one at the time, then you have to take the heat the other way for rejection young ladies who had committed to your program which you new coach decided she didn't want to keep. These two young ladies in my opinion, are better ball players than some now on scholarship but that and a three dollar bill should get you a cup of coffee at the concession stand to warm up with.

That said, good luck to the Lady Shockers this weekend and may they find the pitching down the road and the improvement they are looking for.

Don't think anybody means to chastise the young lady. It's the coach of the Mustangs that draws the fan's ire.

Comment

Originally posted by URKidng View Post
          Hatersgonehate

I failed to read anything that implied hate toward Jessica Strum. Just facts about: has she pitched? Why hasn't she? Committed to WSU and backed off when Mark got her another gig, etc. Once again, when anyone posts anything about the Mustangs, the defensiveness begins, and people post quite passionately. Most of the posts I read from informed persons try to analyze the games, players, post musings and so forth. As a person who has been around softball for 50 years, and a follower of WSU, my alma mater, I appreciate the informed opinions from the posts.
          Katie also pitched for the Mustangs until her senior year. She has had to make quite a few adjustments at the DI level. It stands to reason that Jessica will too, especially as a freshman. I do not have any knowledge of how often she pitched for Mark, at what level, against what teams, and what her ERA was. High school ball cannot be compared to college. It is how the players perform in the summer, at what level, and against what opponents. Just because a player is on the Mustangs, does not automaticly make her a DI starter. Mark has many players who often times do not play, or only play sparingly. As I said earlier, I do not know how often or at what level or against whom Jessica pitched. Time will tell if she can make the adjustment in college.
          GO SHOCKERS! GOOD LUCK!
          Wow, this says it all. Jessica did make quite a spectacle of herself at the state tournament with that "Mustang" attitude. I wonder how well that is working in college ball.

Comment

Rain has already pushed the starting time for the first game of the day back 90 minutes. With even more rain expected tomorrow, there may be some games not played this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              Rain has already pushed the starting time for the first game of the day back 90 minutes. With even more rain expected tomorrow, there may be some games not played this weekend.
              Not good. I actually was expecting a couple W's this weekend.

Comment

Not good. I actually was expecting a couple W's this weekend.
                A further note. The off-campus site is at Texas Women's University, a D-II school. Those schools are required to have tarps for their fields, so the fields should be playable if the rain clears long enough to play.

Comment

The Live Stats for the Creighton-Northern Illinois game. Jessica is starting this game for the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    The Live Stats for the Creighton-Northern Illinois game. Jessica is starting this game for the Huskies.
                    Thanks, bottom of 2nd 0-0. Shelby Davis had two hits this morning for OSU but they lost 3-0.

Comment

The Creighton-NIU game is now in the bottom of the fourth with the Jays leading 4-0. Jessica pitched the first three innings, giving up three earned runs (a bases-loaded double), four hits, three walks and two strikeouts - an expected performance for your first collegiate game.

EDIT: Plus a HBP, so four freebies along with the four hits.
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; February 17, 2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Creighton won 5-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch View Post
                          Creighton won 5-4.
                          In eight innings!

Comment

Missouri State 7-2 Sam Houston State

Natalie Rose pitched three innings in relief, so she has regained her academic eligibility.

Comment

Live stats are working now. 3-0 Sam Houston in bottom 4th.

Comment

Update from a friend watching the game in Denton. Shoxs down 3-0 in the 4th inning. Sloan gave up 2 HR. If I get anymore, I'll post.

Comment

Working...
                                X