No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at North Texas Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, errors are killing us. At some point, don't you make a change?

Comment

According to my friend watching the game, Shockers have 4 errors, 2 SS & 2 CF.

Comment

Stats say 1 on SS which was erased by a double play, and the one in center hurt, but run would have scored anyway on three straight singles.

On the good side, Sammie just knocked in two to tie it up

Comment

Originally posted by SBFan View Post
          According to my friend watching the game, Shockers have 4 errors, 2 SS & 2 CF.
          Well, the centerfielder isn't quite a centerfielder...isn't she more of a 2nd baseman???

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen View Post
            Stats say 1 on SS which was erased by a double play, and the one in center hurt, but run would have scored anyway on three straight singles.
            Yes, the Live Stats have KA for only one earned run when it should be two. In the SHS third, the first error was erased on a DP, leaving two outs and no one on base. Three singles followed with an error on the second of them. Thus the third single drove in two runs instead of one - the first of those two runs is earned, the second is unearned.

Comment

Take the W and lets play another quick while they are hot.

Comment

That maybe some of the problem. I know we have true outfielders on the bench. Oh well, it's always easier to set back and judge than have the HC job.

Comment

Sam Houston State 3-4 Shockers

In the bottom of the seventh, Holly leads off the inning with a single, pinch-hitting for Rachel. A sac by Sydney and a walk to Brittney set up Hayley's game-winning double, scoring Rachel who had re-entered. Hayley has three hits and Laura two on the day, and Sammie had a two-run single in the third. KA gets her second win of the weekend, holding off the Bearkats after giving up a one-out triple in the top of the seventh. She allowed eight hits, striking out five with no freebies.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFan View Post
                    That maybe some of the problem. I know we have true outfielders on the bench. Oh well, it's always easier to set back and judge than have the HC job.
                    It is fairly common to put your nine best bats in the lineup and then figure out where to put them on defense. Yes, there are some caveats. You have to have someone who really can catch - block balls in the dirt, frame pitches, that sort of thing. And you might have a dazzling defender at SS or CF who is a weak bat. But ultimately, you have to be able to hit if you expect to play. Defense is secondary. You just hope players create more runs than they allow.

Comment

NO freebies is BIG
                      It worked, but I still question the pinch hit for Rachel who has the aiblity to end the game on one swing. Guess thats why they don't allow me to coach anymore. . . Let someone who actually goes to practices make the decisions.

Get two ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by whatevershock View Post
                        Well, the centerfielder isn't quite a centerfielder...isn't she more of a 2nd baseman???
                        Yes, Rachel was a 2B last year and probably a middle infielder in summer ball, too. Hovpen would know for sure. But there was an article in the Eagle within the past two weeks noting that Coach B moved Rachel to CF to take advantage of her strong arm. So she may struggle for awhile to judge some fly balls off the bat and with ground balls off the grass rather than the dirt, but she is athletic - I think she will do well in time.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                          Defense is secondary. You just hope players create more runs than they allow.
                          Another error by Laura at SS in the bottom of the first against North Texas and two more unearned runs. Ugh!! She is pretty consistently hitting fourth in the lineup, so you just hope.

Comment

This staff knows who belongs in the lineup. I think. Yes, Rachel played infield all during high school. That given, this has to be the best weekend for Shocker softball in some time. Waiting for the stats to go live for game two, should have started by now.

Cowley has a home game tomorrow: I know their Ark City catcher has committed to KU but thats about it. They have about the best sophomore pitchers of any juco around. Don't think Doug wants to give up his freshman pitcher at Butler, although I think coach K will scoup up the Malone girl who swings a real mean bat and can play infield.

Comment

North Texas is supposed to win this game so Shockers need to pull it together and get the upset.

Comment

Shockers using the Home Run ball to go up 6-4, top of the fourth. Each team has one error and 7 hits

Comment

Working...
                                X