Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks @ Evansville (Thu) and @ SIU (Sat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=WstateU;290909]First, let me say I’m excited for the future of women’s basketball… it’s been a long time coming. We have the pieces in place to accomplish some lofty goals this season and beyond.

Now it’s WstateU rant time:

A women’s basketball supporter was on the channel 12 news last night whining about the lack of attendance and support for women’s basketball. I’m sorry, the women have been dreadful for so long it will take time before many people get off their duffs and support them. Yes, they seem like a great group of young women and are worthy of the communities support, however I say patience, patience, patience and win, win, win!

I just don’t like people whining about a lack of support… earn it!

I’ve said this before, “If they continue to win, people will come”

The attendance was up by almost 1000 last and game the noise increased tremendously. You're right; just keep winning and the community will take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      The Women's Mid-Major Top 25 are out tomorrow.
      The Shocks moved from 23 to 22, Missouri State from 15 to 16 and Northern Iowa remains at 14. Well, I am glad the voters are at least paying some attention to what is going on in the Valley. Oops, I forgot the sarcasm alert.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I say patience, patience, patience and win, win, win!

I just don’t like people whining about a lack of support… earn it!

I’ve said this before, “If they continue to win, people will come”
        I have had season tickets for the past 9 years and also went to a lot of games in the Darryl Smith days. I think I qualify in the patience category. As far as earning it I think the Ladies are doing their best to do just that as evidenced by their current 10-game winning streak which equals the program's all-time high. It is true, however, that our Women's basketball program does lack tradition. I think Shocker fans are at least starting to take notice and at least paying attention to these results based on the warm reception the Lady Shocks received at the Men's SIU game. When and if that will equal greater game-time fan support remains to be seen.

Looking forward to the end of the season the Shocks close out the regular season at home against Bradley on Thursday, March 1st and with Northern Iowa on Saturday, March 3rd which, unfortunately, conflict with Arch Madness.

So for many Shocker fans there are really only 4 opportunities remaining to see the Shocks at home. This weekend against Illinois State and Indiana State and February 17th and 19th against Southern Illinois and Evansville, respectively. I would argue that this weekends games are the more challenging and the ones the Shocks could really use some extra fan support for. Take advantage of the $4 ticket promo for Friday's game with 2nd place Illinois State.

It is very possible that the Lady Shocks winning their 1st ever MVC regular championship might very well come down to the final weekend against Bradley and UNI. If this is the case, I hope Shocker fans who are not going to St. Louis will get out and support the Ladies. Season ticket holders, such as myself, who are going to St. Louis should make a concerted effort to see that their tickets are given to someone who will attend the games.

Regardless of how the season unfolds I will miss saying goodbye to our two seniors Haleigh and Alicia on Senior Night against UNI.

P.S. That was not me on Channel 12. In fact, I did not see that piece.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 24, 2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X