Women's Cross Country picked to win MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Cross Country picked to win MVC

There hasn't been much talk about the women's cross country team - a team that has won 6 straight MVC titles - so I figured I'd try to get some momentum out there for this weekend's MVC Championships in Terre Haute.

The Shocker women have had a solid season and were picked to win the title this weekend BUT they should get a strong race from Illinois State. I think these teams will go 1-2 and ISU could beat the Shockers if WSU has an off day.

Aliphine Tuliamuk should most certainly win the individual title but it will be the battle from their 2-5 girls that will have to make the difference. Both teams stack up nicely and it should be very close race. Here's hoping that the experience of 6 straight MVC titles pay off for the Shocks!

Best of luck ladies! Winning 7 in a row would be another notch in a most impressive MVC belt!

Thanks, for the report goshox74.

Good luck Ladies.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

Thanks for posting this '74. This team does WSU very proud!!

Go Lady Shocks!!

:wsu_posters: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Good overview of this weekend's MVC Championship by Coach Hunter which is pretty much in line with goshox74's report:

WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita State men's and women's cross country teams travel to compete Sunday, Oct. 30 in the State Farm MVC Cross Country Championship at Terre Haute, Ind.

Looks like they are expecting a cloudy (but dry) morning with temperatures in the mid-40's and winds of around 10 mph Sunday morning.

Comment

I believe the race with be streamed live here: http://www.livestream.com/sycamore_sports

Not sure of the quality or if you will be able to get team results but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Small breakaway pack at 1000 meters with what appears to be 2 Shocks and 3 Redbirds, the Shocks chief challenger.

Comment

Tuliamuk followed by 2 Redbirds nearing the 2k

Comment

Aliphine extending an impressive lead nearing the 3k mark. Shocks are 1,4 and 5 right now. Illinois State running 2-3.

Comment

Tuliamuk extending her lead. I doubt she could see 2nd place right now.

Comment

Redbirds running 2-3-5 right now. Team battle very much up for grabs.

Comment

1000 meters to go and it's all Aliphine Tuliamuk for the Shocks. The team battle is on though. ISUR is running 2-3-5. Scarla Nero is 4th.

Comment

Aliphine appears to be laboring, but still has a huge lead.

Comment

Aliphine Tuliamuk is your MVC Champion. Scarla Nero finished 4th and Patrober Murindat 6th. ISU finished 2-3-5 and then a ton of redshirted finishers were ahead of the next 2 Shocker finishers.

I fear the streak is over.

Comment

Shocks go 1-4-6 and Redbirds 2-3-5. After that hard to tell but a lot of red coming across ahead of the gold in the pack. I'm guessing Illinois State was the team champion with the Shocks 2nd.

Comment

Aliphine ran a 17:11 (they announced a 17:20) but it appears a lot of the ladies did not have their best day.

The Redbirds are a young team as well, and during the interview sure acted like they won the team event.

Comment

Working...
                              X