Going out on a limb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going out on a limb

O.K. I'm going out on a limb: I like the way the Lady Shox are hooping it up. I say they sweep this road trip and play in the finals of the Valley Tournament. :yahoo:

"You fellas been doing a bit of Boozing have ya? Sucking back on grandpa's old cough medicine."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It will be very dissappointing if we don't sweep SIU (0-16) and Evansville (3-13) even with the games being on the road. But that's what I thought about this road trip last year and the Shocks dropped them both. Also, we have already dropped a home game to Evansville, but that was a long time ago (opening game of the MVC season). Evansville's only other wins in the MVC are over SIU. Shocks seem to be playing much better now. We will see.

If we do sweep these last two games and do so in a solid fashion then there is reason to have some optimism going into the MVC Tournament.

If we lose one or both of these games it will be hard for me to be very optimistic about there chances in St. Charles.

OTWHC, as you can see I am not quite ready to crawl out on that limb with you.

Comment

Shocks cruise to an easy 69-46 win over a bad SIU team.

Not sure the Shocks played great but they jumped on SIU early and never let them in the game.

Teri Oliver scored a career high 26 points for SIU or who knows how bad it would have been.

Shocks move into sole possession of 5th place one game ahead of INS (who was blown out by UNI) and idle Drake with one to play. Apparently, the Shocks own the tiebreakers over both of those teams as Brian Petrotta reported that the Shocks have secured the #5 seed in the MVC Tournament with their win over SIU combined with Indiana State's loss to UNI.

I still think it is important for our confidence and good team feeling to take care of business against Evansville Saturday to finish the regular season on a 5-game win streak as the Shocks head into post-season play.

:goshocks:

Comment

Shocks with 24 free throw attempts vs 23 for SIU go to 29-1 in the Jody Adams era when they have more FT attempts than their opponents.

More importantly the Shocks knocked down 20 of those attempts for an outstanding 83.3%. FT shooting has not exactly been a strength of this team for a good part of this year but they seem to be getting that straightened out, especially Michelle.

OTOH, Southern Illinois made only 11 of their 23 attempts (47.8%).

Shocks with a very good 11 assists to 11 turnovers. SIU had only 6 assists and 22 turnovers.

Rebounding was dead even at 12 Offensive + 24 Defensive for each team.

Comment

Shocks lead Evansville at the half 28-23 in the regular season finale.

Shocks got off to a hot start and jumped out to a 17-8 lead and then they pretty much went cold the rest of the half.

Shocker point guards have 5 fouls (Jessica with 3 and BreAnna with 2).

Game is more or less meaningless, but I think it would be helpful for the Shocks to head to St. Charles feeling good about themselves and ending he season on a 5-game win streak.

Comment

I was listening on Shocker Radio, but it seems to have died. Any idea what the score is?

Comment

Shocks up 52-42 with 5:12 remaining.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks up 52-42 with 5:41 remaining.

We apparently lost the internet stream when the men's pre-game show started at 3:00.

That shouldn't happen becuase they can run two streams and the Ladies were on Stream #2, but OTOH not surprising.

I following Live Stats off the Evansville site.

Comment

Put in the Deep Freeze!

Jessica's 2 FT's with 1:13 left put the Shocks up 61-49.

Comment

Shocks finish it off 65-50. Way to finish the season ladies! Now let's take care of business in St. Charles!
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Perhaps I'm not going too far out on the limb. Let's get to the finals :yahoo:

Comment

Shocks win 65-50 to secure sole possession of 5th place which looked like a long shot a few weeks back but the Shocks close out the season with 5 consecutive wins including 3 over teams ahead them (at the time they played) in the standings.

Haleigh with 21 points on 6-8 shooting and 6 rebounds.

Chynna with one of her better games chips in 13 poiints on 6-10 shooting and grabbed 8 rebounds.

Michelle added 10 points on 2-3 from the field and 6-8 from the line as she continues her improved shooting from the line.

Very nice finish to the season Ladies.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Now off to watch the Men's game.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach
                            Perhaps I'm not going too far out on the limb. Let's get to the finals :yahoo:
                            It won't be easy with MSU our quarterfinal opponent, but if we can get by them (and their is good precedent for that) who knows what might happen.

Comment

Missour State with perhaps a tougher than expected game against SIU but nevertheless comes away with a 70-58 win.

Drake knocks of Creighton 65-54 in Des Moines.

Bradley over Indiana State 77-69 in Peoria.

UNI finishes off ILS 72-54 to finish MVC play at 17-1 and win the league by 5 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X