No announcement yet.

Focus, Focus, Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like this team. Moving the ball all over, blocking, digs, good passing. Fix the service errors late in the sets and we will be outstanding. Wouldn't want to be coming to CKA. Creighton, MSU, and N Iowa will not have fun trips home.

Bring it on - UNI

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
      i like this team. Moving the ball all over, blocking, digs, good passing. Fix the service errors late in the sets and we will be outstanding. Wouldn't want to be coming to CKA. Creighton, MSU, and N Iowa will not have fun trips home.

Bring it on - UNI

And it's going to take BY FAR their best effort of the year to send UNI home as losers. I think this team has continued to improve, I'm just not sure they've improved THAT much.

Comment

Friday's match is HUGE. UNI is the Valley Champion (again) the ladies must show they can beat the best.

Also, a win would almost assure at least an at large bid if the Shocks don't win the upcoming Valley tournament.

Most football is over for fans, get to the Chuck and get those competitive fan juices flowing in time for the big game Monday.

Good luck ladies!!!!!!! :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwsu: :posterwu:

Comment

Good Dr. I did copy my earlier post, I am lazy, did want to remind you the SHOX are sending people home from CKA not happy. UNI is next and we will beat them if we play the way we can - good passing, moving the sets all over, swinging away ( limited tips) , blocking and digging. Then UNI goes home not happy.
          GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
            Good Dr. I did copy my earlier post, I am lazy, did want to remind you the SHOX are sending people home from CKA not happy. UNI is next and we will beat them if we play the way we can - good passing, moving the sets all over, swinging away ( limited tips) , blocking and digging. Then UNI goes home not happy.

I love the enthusiasm!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Friday's match is HUGE. UNI is the Valley Champion (again) the ladies must show they can beat the best.

Also, a win would almost assure at least an at large bid if the Shocks don't win the upcoming Valley tournament.

Most football is over for fans, get to the Chuck and get those competitive fan juices flowing in time for the big game Monday.

Good luck ladies!!!!!!! :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwsu: :posterwu:
              This coming weekend is huge. We need one more win to secure sole possession of second place. UNI presents a great opportunity. Not only can the Ladies clinch the #2 seed in the MVC Tournament but I agree that we could punch our ticket to the NCAA Tournament with a win against UNI.

If we lose to UNI which is a definite possibility the Bradley match on Senior night becomes a must win. We should beat Bradley but they have picked up 3 wins in the second half so they are playing better. Losses to both UNI and Bradley would open the door for CU and/or MSU to steal the #2 seed from the Shocks.

Even if the Shocks would happen to upset UNI we need to get out to the Bradley match on Saturday as any RPI benefits receive by beating UNI could be lost with loss to Bradley. Besides, it's Senior Night and we have some great young ladies to acknowledge and to thank -- Sarah McGee, Amanda Backes and, of course, Lindsey Eckenrode.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Besides, it's Senior Night and we have some great young ladies to acknowledge and to thank -- Sarah McGee, Amanda Backes and, of course, Lindsey Eckenrode.

:goshocks:

Not a dry eye in the house this Saturday.

Comment

Lambo discussed this team's propensity to let down in second sets following 1st set wins in his SIU post-match comments. The Shocks have lost 8 second sets this year and 7 of those followed a 1st set win (sometimes in dominating fashion). He believes it is a loss of focus.

He said he has not brought this up to the team yet and wasn't sure when he would do that. My guess is it get's mentioned this week. You might be able to get away with this against a number of MVC teams, but you can not get away with doing this against UNI. OTOH, Lambo said he did not think he would need to do anyhting to get the team fired up for UNI.

He did say Camri and Emily are getting a little tired and could use a little rest. I doubt he will work the ladies real hard this week. Just enough to keep sharp and will probably focus on the mental approach they will need to have to knock of UNI.

UNI is not unbeatable and the Shocks are very capable of winning this match. A huge crowd behind the team would certainly help.

Comment

Wins over UNI and Bradley this weekend coupled with a couple of huge crowds could also have another benefit for the Shocks.

Perhaps a chance to host an NCAA regional. Not sure if the Shocks have or will submit a bid. Maybe not a likely scenario but not totally without merit or possiblity either.

I believe we currently sit 10th in national attendance and are closing in on 9th place Texas.

Even if it doesn't happen this year another top 10 attendance record helps build the resume for hosting an NCAA regional sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      Wins over UNI and Bradley this weekend coupled with a couple of huge crowds could also have another benefit for the Shocks.

Perhaps a chance to host an NCAA regional. Not sure if the Shocks have or will submit a bid. Maybe not a likely scenario but not totally without merit or possiblity either.

I believe we currently sit 10th in national attendance and are closing in on 9th place Texas.

Even if it doesn't happen this year another top 10 attendance record helps build the resume for hosting an NCAA regional sometime in the future.
                      Excellent points. It is my understanding that we have put in a bid for a regional. It's reasonable to assume that would be a long shot, but what if we won the next 4 matches?

Anything is possible. Lambo and the Shocks have put together yet another stellar season and it would be nice to send them out right this weekend.

I know everyone is going to be keyed up for Maui, but how about a jump start this weekend?

These young women certainly deserve our support.

Most fans would be THRILLED to pieces to win a game in the men's basketball tournament this season. This program has managed that 4 of the last 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        Most fans would be THRILLED to pieces to win a game in the men's basketball tournament this season. This program has managed that 4 of the last 5 years.
                        The year we did not win an NCAA game was the 2005 team that went 28-3 and was inexplicably left out of the tournament.

That was a very good team and very likely would have also picked up a first round NCAA win.

Who knows how many Sweet 16's the VB team would have if the NCAA VB Tourmament was fully seeded like the NCAA basketball tournaments are.

Comment

Working...
                        X