Focus, Focus, Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus, Focus, Focus

The Shocks enter their final regular season road trip of the year with a solid hold on second place and their destiny now in their own hands. However, they can not afford to look past Evansville and SIU to next weeks match with UNI.

Evansville and SIU are still in the hunt for the 6th and final spot in the Valley Tournament. Coming into the weekend those chances looked pretty slim. However, Illinois State who had been playing pretty good volleyball was swept (16, 23, 18) by last place Bradley last night in Peoria.

Illinois State has a one game lead over Evansville and SIU, but all three are tied in the loss column. So the door has been left open a little for Evansville and SIU. So I would expect those teams to be highly motivated.

The Shocks really don't want to put themselves in a position of having to beat UNI next week to maintain their hold on 2nd place.

The Shocks have had a tendency to lose focus on occasion this year. With the regular season drawing to a close now would be a great time for the Shocks to show that they can focus, focus, focus.

:goshocks:

Great points '72.

Good story on Camri this morning. Reminds me of how special these young ladies are....

Good luck on the road tonight Shocks!

Anyone else wearing their pink shoe laces? Gotta be honest with you, they don't look as good on me as they do the team. I just can't seem to pull off that look.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Doc, I think you could pull off the pink shoelace thing if you tied them in your hair.

;-)

Comment

Odds and Ends:

Hopefully, I will be able to pick up the VB match with Evansville on 103.7 FM in Koch Arena while attending the Shocks vs Arizona WBB game.

I look for UNI to clinch the regular season championship this weekend as they take on Indiana State and Illinois State at home.

Shocks have moved into 10th place in national attendance just behind Texas. UNI (15th), ILS (32nd) and CU (33rd) are also Top 40 in attendance. Decent representation for the MVC.

Shocks have home matches with UNI (best opponent on our schedule) and Bradley (Senior Night) next weekend. Clear your calendars now.

Comment

It's amazing how we just constantly die in the 2nd set especially after we play so well in the 1st...

Comment

Originally posted by bunck
            It's amazing how we just constantly die in the 2nd set especially after we play so well in the 1st...
            Focus, focus, focus. Still waiting for that consistent, dominant first serve to match point peformance. Nevertheless the Shocks managed to pull another win out the magic hat. Still, we're bound to pay for letting teams back into matches one of these days.

Some credit to Evansville. They can be a pretty fiesty and scrappy team.

Actually, I thought the Volleyball team was going to lose and the Ladies Basketball team was going to win.

The difference? Experience and tradition I guess. The Volleyball team may be inconsistent but they do know how to win and they expect to win.

Hopefully, we will see that mentality take hold for the WBB team in the near future.

Comment

Another sneaky tough match for the Shocks against SIU tonight.

According to Lambo the gym is really hot. Like about 90 degrees hot.

Must be playing the match in the team suana.

Senior night for the Salukis who are still mathematically in the race for the 6th and final slot in the MVC Tournament.

This match has important implications for the Shocks in the race for second place and the #2 seed in the MVC Tournament.

Last night was a little too close for comfort. Hopefully, the Shocks will be at the top of their game tonight. Not sure you want to have to play 5 sets in the suana.

Comment

Shocks win set 1 25-18
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Shocks take Set 1 over SIU 25-18 although the score is not indicative of how tough the set played as the Shocks went on a 7-2 run to close the set.

Camri had six kills. Emilay and Amanda had 3 kills each. Amanda hit 0.750 on 3 kills in 4 attacks.

Shocks only block of Set 1 came on set point by Sarah McGee.

MSU swept Evansville although it was not easy. 25-22, 25-21 and 26-24.

Creighton dominates Drake 25-15 in Set 1.

Comment

Here we go again. SIU ties it a 1-1 with a 25-19 win in Set 2.

Shocks led 6-3 when they seemed to lose interest for a stretch while SIU built and sustained a 4-5 point lead.

I am concerned about this one. The Shocks had to go 5 hard sets at Evansville last night and are playing in a very hot gyn tonight.

Comment

Creighton finishes off Drake in dominating fashion 15, 15 and 17.

Comment

shocks win set 3 25-17
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Shocks go up 2-1 with a 25-17 win in Set 4 with Lindsey getting the kill on set point.

Shocks went on a 4 point run to take a 9-5 advantage and lead the rest of the way.

One more ladies and you can get our of the suana.

Comment

Northern Iowa clinches 1st place with a 3-1 win over Illinois State.

19-25, 17, 23, 14

Comment

Shocks pretty much dominate Set 4 from beginning to end closing out the match with a 25-14 win.

Emily Adney continues her oustanding play with 22 kills and a .391 hitting percentage (22-4-46).

Camri (14 kills) and Sarah McGee (13 kills) also had solid performances. Big Mac also had her first 3 service aces of the season.

Elizabeth Fields with one of her better performances (8-2-10 = .316)

Shocks with their 8th consecutive 20 win season.

This was a huge win for the Shocks as was Evansville last night. A loss in either of these matches would have shifted the battle for the #2 seed in Creighton's favor going into the final weekend of the season.

As it is Shocks need 1 more win to secure sole possesion of second and the valuable #2 MVC Tournament seed.

:clap: :goshocks: :good:

Comment

Working...
                              X