No announcement yet.

Shocks Host SIU and Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree on the block idea. Plus, another one came late against Brianna Kaiser, who (if I'm not mistaken) was making her first appearance for us in her career. The volleys may have been longer, but that was largely based on the defensive play of the back rows. Jackie had a career high with 25 digs, plus there were four other Shockers in double digits from last night. And we can't overlook that we were actually tied with Evansville in the conference before last night. Definitely a solid win.

Hopefully that will get some more people out to support the girls.

Comment

According to the Evansville write-up:

Entering the match with the highest team attack percentage in the MVC, the Aces were held to just 23 kills and a .041 average on the night.
      The Aces came into the match with a team attack percentage of .239 to lead the league. Granted a lot of that may have been built against a relatively weak schedule. Still a very solid defensive effort by the Lady Shocks.

Evansville hit .186 vs UNI, .125 vs MSU and .101 against the CU.

The .041 looks pretty good in comparison.

The Shocks hit .208 as a team which is OK but not outstanding but I give credit to Evansville for digging a lot of rockets especially against Lindsey who is not quite there yet but appears to be coming along. Also once we subbed Chelsey in for Hoop in the latter part of the 3rd set our offensive efficiency dropped noticeably.

No doubt we still have a lot of room for improvement. The good news is that improvement appears to be taking place.

Hopefully, we will continue to improve as we take on INS and ILS on the road next weekend, two matches we should win although ILS gave us fits, taking the Shocks to 5-sets in Koch Arena a month ago.

Assuming we can take care of business on next week's road trip we have perhaps the key home stand of the season taking on Missouri State, Creighton and Drake the following two weekends.

Comment

To be fair to the girls, we might have taken care of Illinois State without any problems was it not for the lineup mistake by Lamb, which has us out of our correct rotation all game 3 and gave ISU a lot of momentum. Nonetheless, Illinois State is no pushover, but we should be able to beat both ISUs.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Congratulations to Emily Adney for her well-deserved selection as Valley Player of the Week.

Nice action photo of Emily on the attack. Click on the magnifying glass below the photo to enlarge.

The way Emily has come on this year I would not expect this to be her last recognition. She started off the year a little slow averaging only 1.90 kills per set during the Shocks first 6 matcths. I'm not sure what adjustments, if any, that Lambo made but over the last 12 matches Emily is averaging 3.98 kills per set. Together with Camri we have a very formidable pair of outside hitters who are both capable of attacking from the back row.

Camri has played at an All-Conference level throughout the season and Emily certainly has matched Camri's production over the last 12 matches.

:clap:

Comment

Working...
          X