Shocks Host SIU and Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Host SIU and Evansville

Shocks have two trap matches this weekend.

SIU always seems to have good athletes but maybe doesn't always play with a lot of intensity.

Evansville generally is a little short athletically, but they always seem to play very hard.

Lambo thought SIU was going to be pretty good this year but they started 1-4 in the MVC. They did win their matches at home last week against Indiana State (3-2) and Illinois State (3-1).

Evansville, picked 8th in the preseason poll, has quietly built a 16-3 record (5-2 MVC) and are a game up on the Shocks (and again they are about as scrappy as they come).

It is critical that the Shocks win both of these matches just to put themselves in a position to make a run for second place in the 2nd half.

A loss in either match would reduce our chances for an NCAA at-large bid to between slim and none.

I'll be there saturday. Can't wait to finally see the ladies in action.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tickets for the Evansville match are available at $5.00 (normally $8 for adults and $6.00 youth) if you wear something pink.

I asked the ticket office rep if a pink ribbon would qualify and she said she did not think so. You would need to wear a pink shirt, hat or other piece of clothing. However, I would be shocked if they would argue much with anyone.

This has not been very well publicized as our marketing department continues to do a less than stellar job. Personally, I would allow anyone wearing any pink, including a pink ribbon to get the discounted tickets and secondly, I don't want my ticket agents having to make a judgement about whether or not the fan is wearing the right amount of pink. It makes no difference to me personally as I have season tickets.

I also asked if the Kids Zone would be open before the Missouri State match on October 29th and they could not tell me. Not a big deal I guess but these are the kind of marketing details that need to be communicated to the public.

Comment

I've already been hooked up with $5 tickets. I'm a little ashamed this will be my first match of the year. Time and money have not been on my side but I'm glad I can come and support not only the Shox, but the cancer aspect as well. I think we've all had family or friends who've gone thru it. Even my HS is doing a pink out night during their big rivalry game this evening.

I don't own any pink :( but I'll be in attendance.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shocks sweep SIU 18, 20 and 19.

An OK but no great performance. A little bit uneven, but that is becoming the norm for this year's squad, although tonight Lambo played a lot of players as he continues to search. Amanda did not play tonight.

We appear to have become Sarah, Emily and Camri and the rest of the family.

The Church Lady did play the Libero positon tonight.

I thought our passing was not very good at times tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            The Church Lady did play the Libero positon tonight.

I thought our passing was not very good at times tonight.

I thought Jackie played well tonight. Agreed about the passing....too many errors and over passes.

On the plus side, we scored from a bunch of different sets and positions.

Adney was really, really good for most of the evening.

Comment

I though we had times tonight where we were totally dominating in all parts of the game. One thing I like are some of the great saves that don't even show up on the stat sheet. Several outstanding saves showed how athletic we are. I like this team! We need to get the people out to see them. We will beat Creighton here and then Nothern Iowa will get beat in CKA.
              GO SHOX!

Comment

I agree, Jackie played well at libero. It'll be interesting to see how Lamb plays that the rest of the year. EA did play extremely well while Camri and Sarah were themselves. I know it wasn't an amazing showing, but it was more solid than some of the others this year.

Comment

Shocks sweep Evansville 18, 18 and 13.

I did not hear Lambo's post game comments but I thought this was one of the Shocks best and most complete performances of the year (that I have seen). Camri and Emily were their usual ouststanding selves, but beyond that we had pretty good balance. Lindsey Eckenrode had her most extensive and significant playing time this year and looked pretty solid.

Shocks started off a little slow trailing 6-10 when Lambo used his 1st time out of the match. After that the Shocks pretty much dominated.

Evansville dug a lot of hard shots but the Shocks kept firing away.

Serve receive and passing was much better than last night.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Shox sweep again 18,18,13 Team is starting to click. Really had some outstanding play from the littles. Church is passing lights out and all good things start with a good pass. Good things happing on the court. I repeat Creighton and Nothern Iowa will leave CKA without a win.
                    GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                      I repeat Creighton and Nothern Iowa will leave CKA without a win.
                      Let's add Missouri State to that list also.

Comment

Of course Missouri State will be beat by the SHOX in CKA. I believe we have a tougher time beating Northern Iowa and Creighton. With the improvements happening on the floor. We should have an excellent second run thru the Valley.
                        GO SHOX!

Comment

Drake lends a helping hand by knocking off Creighton 3-1 tonight in Des Moines.

Odd score of the weekend. UNI over Indiana State 3-1. INS won the 3rd set 25-23. UNI won its three sets 12, 8 and 14.
                          :wacko:

Comment

Today was the first match I've attended. I don't know how good Evansville is, but it seemed like some much longer rallies than what an 18-18-13 win would normally require. Was UE that good of a blocking team? Or are our outside hitters just not quite there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Today was the first match I've attended. I don't know how good Evansville is, but it seemed like some much longer rallies than what an 18-18-13 win would normally require. Was UE that good of a blocking team? Or are our outside hitters just not quite there yet?
                              Evansville averages 2.3 blocks per set which would project to roughly 7 blocks in a 3-set match. They had 8 blocks in last night's match which would only be a little above average for them.

I think what made it seem like they were blocking a lot was that they got 4 of their 8 blocks early in Set 1 when they took the early 10-6 lead. Two of those blocks were against Lindsey Eckenrode who is getting better, but still is not totally recovered from her ACL surgery and before last night had played very little this year. I am assuming Lambo made some type of adjustment in his scheme or strategy during that time out he called at that point because Evansville's blocking dropped way off after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X