WSU vs Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting it, though. 9-12
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Miami wins.

Hopefully this will be a learning experience for a young team.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Boy that was a tough loss. That could would have been a very nice win to put in our quiver.

Hopefully, this match will prove to a benefit the next time we have to try to tough out a 5-set win.

This makes the UTA match pretty much a must win though.

Comment

Lambo seemed pretty disappointed with this loss. Could be a killer if the Shocks end up on the bubble at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            Lambo seemed pretty disappointed with this loss. Could be a killer if the Shocks end up on the bubble at the end of the year.
            In both post-game interviews, there was heavy emphasis on "What does this result do for our NCAA Tourney chances?" He was positively giddy last night, but as you noted, at the opposite end of the spectrum today.

Comment

I have a feeling this team might give Lambo and the fans a little bit of heartburn (or at least somewhat of a roller-coaster ride).

With all of our youth we should get better as the year progresses. Whether or not we will be in contention for post-season play remains to be seen.

Coming into the season I was thinking we might be a year away from being ready to get back to the dance.

The tough thing about the loss to Miami is that we probably should have won this match. The most disappointing thing may have been our inability to put the match away after getting out to a nice start in Set 5.

As TMH said hopefully this will prove to be a good learning experience.

We need to snap-back with a good showing against UTA.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                I have a feeling this team might give Lambo and the fans a little bit of heartburn (or at least somewhat of a roller-coaster ride).

With all of our youth we should get better as the year progresses. Whether or not we will be in contention for post-season play remains to be seen.

Coming into the season I was thinking we might be a year away from being ready to get back to the dance.

The tough thing about the loss to Miami is that we probably should have won this match. The most disappointing thing may have been our inability to put the match away after getting out to a nice start in Set 5.

As TMH said hopefully this will prove to be a good learning experience.

We need to snap-back with a good showing against UTA.
                I was disappointing, because you had chances to win this match (perhaps better chances than Miami). On the other hand, this is what you expect when a young team faces a veteran team. If a veteran team doesn't capitalize, that is really disappointing. With a young team, it is part of the maturation process. How much we learn from this will determine how disappointing a loss it is.

Comment

The Miami game was odd.

First, Hurricane junior Lane Carico is the real deal. She willed them to victory. Their senior MB Cooke was a handful as well. Miami was very physical (I think that is Lambospeak for big) and at times seemed to intimidate our girls. 6'3" redshirt senior Lici McGee was a big part of that.

They had a lot of big experience and I think that showed in the 5th, especially after we couldn't win that painful point at 8 all (I think). It was over after that.

Now, I promise you Miami isn't beating this WSU team again. 14 service errors, 5 service return errors and about as poor attacking as I can remember. We couldn't put the ball on the floor for the last half of the 4th set and the 5th for anything in the world.

I can't tell you how well Miami played, especially defensively, getting to balls that went uncontested in their other matches. On the other hand, the Shocks were beyond sloppy...and it isn't sour grapes. It's just the way it is.

There was 1 team better than the others in Norman, and that team pulled into the Chuck about 10:10 this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    There was 1 team better than the others in Norman, and that team pulled into the Chuck about 10:10 this evening.
                    As I noted in another thread, we won more sets than any other team, so we objectively were the top performing team at the tourney, even if we tied with OU and Miami in record.

Comment

So are we going to be better in the 6-2 or 5-1?

Comment

I am not skilled enough (by any means) to answer that question. The only thing I can say is that we'll be deeper and more healthy if we limit the play of Hoop and Sara and bring along Chelsey (who I thought was very good in her first action) and Sam or Jada.

Comment

Working...
                        X