Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adney has played well in the 3rd set.

Update: Shocks sweep OU!
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Great start by the Shox!!

:wsu_posters: :yahoo: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Great start, now need to focus on tomorrow. No easy matches this weekend. I believe this weekend determines how we're percieved on a national scale for the rest of the year.

Comment

Very nice win for the young Shocks, even if OU was missing Francie W. Any time you get a true road win over an upper division Big XII team that will look good at the end of the year.

Lambo sure seemed pumped about the win and as he and Mike commented they can play a lot better.

Now we get to see if they can maintain focus from match-to-match. As dregn said earlier there are no easy touches in this tournament.

Nevertheless this team should continue to improve as the year goes on.

:goshocks:

Comment

congrats on the win!
            'tis always nice to see an MVC team take out a team from a BCS/power 6/whatever-they're-called conference.

Our conference went 11-0 today (drake played and won two matches), which is very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79
              congrats on the win!
              'tis always nice to see an MVC team take out a team from a BCS/power 6/whatever-they're-called conference.

Our conference went 11-0 today (drake played and won two matches), which is very cool.
              :good:

I have to say kudos to OU for being willing to play the Shocks home and away. How long that will continue I don't kinow, but the OU Coach is a good guy.

Comment

wooohooo! Way to go Shox! :clap:
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  congrats on the win!

I have to say kudos to OU for being willing to play the Shocks home and away. How long that will continue I don't kinow, but the OU Coach is a good guy.
                  Should we not consider any BCS coach that will play the Shox home and home a good guy?

Comment

I was not expecting that!

The Miami v UTA game ran very long and the girls were standing around waiting to take the floor. But they were relaxed and focused, determined but eager to have fun.

They warmed up with drive and a purpose and they were CLEARLY the superior team.

Lambo's comment earlier this month about how we will have a lot of ways to score was dead on. You want to stop the pins? We're going to the middle or the back row. Guard the middle, either side is loaded and you better not double or triple the hitters because Hooper is crafty and Feekin is a load and can dump score all night.

There is going to be some dead weight on our schedule that we are going to drill about 25-3. This team is LOADED.

McCasland Field House was alive with Shocker fans, fewer in numbers but louder in spirit. I would guess 100-150 made the trip, at least.

Great evening and another special year is in the offing. We caught the end of the Miami UTA match.....anywhere near that effort will be plenty to dispatch either team. But the service errors have to be diminished.

This is a fun team to watch......and they could be really, really good.

Sara McGee had her knee wrapped and was noticably limping after the match....could have been a tough match, but I'd hate to see her wear down.

There were a lot of strong performances....Waldo was VERY solid and returned serve well all night. Camri was GREAT in every rotation. Hoop was her usual great self. Adney PUNISHED the ball, including a BLISTERING FACIAL delivered to the grill of OU star Brianne Barker. Honestly, I don't know how she stayed in the game. I felt bad for a minute when I stood and cheered. For a minute. I bet Brianne is swollen like a pumpkin tomorrow.

McGee was big when needed, Sam Sanders was impressive in streaks, Feekin gives a lot of possibilities, Fields was up and down but again really stretches the other team. Church was helpful late in the sets. Backes was solid. I know I am missing someone, but it was just a great, great night.

The only negative, and I am nit picking here, other than the service errors, was beat writer Paul Suellentrop roaming the field house in his Colorado State Ram polo shirt. Paul, what gives??????

If you need some new Shocker threads, just say the word! :D

Awesome match, tons of fun.

Comment

I see Sully said it was Zweisler and not Adney. I stand corrected, but it was still a BOMB that went off in Barker's face.

Comment

That was fun to listen to. Good job Shox!

Comment

Thanks for the on the scene report Doc. I wished I could have made the trip.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                            Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            congrats on the win!

Should we not consider any BCS coach that will play the Shox home and home a good guy?
                            Probably so, but here is another reason to like the OU Coach.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

According to Lambo the OU Coach was really having a tough time dealing with the loss of his young son when OU was in Wichita last year. Lambo even said he was not very excited about having to try to beat Coach Restrepo (which the Shocks did). From all accounts Coach Restrepo has handled his sons illness and passing with grace, class and dignity. I wish him well.

Now that the Shocks have a win over OU, I hope the Sooners kick some Big XII butt the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
                            X