No announcement yet.

AVCA Poll, 10-29-2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#12 K-State gave #2 Nebraska a scare in Manhattan last nigth in front of a good crowd of 3,254.

K-State wen up 2 games to none, but Nebraska turned it on after halftime to won 24-30, 27-30, 30-25, 30-19 and 15-8. Looks like K-State may have just run out of gas a little bit in Games 4 and 5.

I wouldn't think this would hurt K-State's #12 ranking at all which is also a plus for the Shocks.

Shocks only losses so far this year were to #11 Hawaii, #12 Kansas State, #23 Cal Poly and to a very solid Northern Iowa team.

Unfortunately, the win over Auburn has lost a little luster as they have the worst record in the SEC.

Our best wins are the 2 wins over MSU and our win over Santa Clara.

Comment

Good thing we didn't schedule KU.......

THEY SUCK!

Comment

Nebraska has been falliable the past two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Nebraska has been falliable the past two weeks.
          Also #18 Oklahoma - lost to KU & Texas
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            From what I have been able to glean, it would appear that myself and a few others here are the only ones to have even considered a sub regional host.

:-x
            Bruce Heartl mentioned it on Sports Daily last night as a possibility if the Shocks win out. Which I think is exactly what I posted a day or two ago.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys are looking at ShockerNet for ideas and facts.

I suppose it is just coincidence but I have been noticing more and more that things that are posted on ShockerNet seem to be finding there way into the print and broadcast media within a day or two following posting.

Maybe it is just that most of these things are fairly obvious or maybe we are becoming a pretty good source for news and ideas on Shocker sports.

Comment

I think you give yourself too much credit

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                You're probably right!

Comment

We try but it never works. Now Elton John gets hundreds of millions of dollars of credit but us ... nothing. ;-)
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                    We try but it never works. Now Elton John gets hundreds of millions of dollars of credit but us ... nothing. ;-)
                    But there are some things that are on here that normally wouldn't end up in the media. Wasn't it last year that some strange thing ended up on Channel 3 (IIRC) that was directly from here?

They might do a little more digging, but they get alot of their ideas from here. I'd almost bet on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X