Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    We're in at #25!!!!
    I wonder if we will see any decent publicity about that.

Hopefully, Mike Kennedy will mention the VB on tonights inaugural HC Greg Marshal's radio show.

Comment

Now we better win the valley tournament if we want to get in the NCAA...;)

Nice to see us back in the top 25. Not going to jink us with NCAA talk, but I don't see any way we'd host and the weakest team we'd be playing at would be K-State in my opinion. The other options would probably by Nebraska or Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
        Now we better win the valley tournament if we want to get in the NCAA...;)

Nice to see us back in the top 25. Not going to jink us with NCAA talk, but I don't see any way we'd host and the weakest team we'd be playing at would be K-State in my opinion. The other options would probably by Nebraska or Texas.
        Hey, after what happened 2 years ago, ain't nothing written in stone until it actually happens.

Comment

that was my point...

Comment

From what I have been able to glean, it would appear that myself and a few others here are the only ones to have even considered a sub regional host.

:-x

Comment

Some love for WSU on VT:
              (R)uffda! I like UNLV.

Alabama and ASU should definitely be on the radar and Oklahoma should be above Duke and Dayton, for sure. They're very comparable to, if not better than, KSU.

Santa Clara and Illinois are 2 other dark horses, getting better as the season progresses.

Pablo would say they're missing the boat with Wichita State (even at #25) and Iowa State.

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Hi, I'm Oregon. I play in a tough conference so even though I rarely win I deserve a top 16 ranking!

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

Comment

WOW!! The Wichita Eagle gave the news that WSU WVB is ranked #25 and that Sara is MVC POW two entire paragraphs - 4 entire sentences - in the "Sports in Brief" section on page 2 of sports, just after the news that Newman named a new assistant women's basketball coach and news about bowling at Northrock lanes. With this kind of wonderful local media coverage, how can we fail to have a big turnout on Friday? Thanks, Wichita Eagle, for nothing. :-x
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Brief, but nice, mention of the VB team and MSU match this morning right at the tail end of the Sports Daily show.

Lutz said he had to chose between the Northwest Football team and the VB match. Said he thought he would go to the VB match. Then he said, "Is That OK1"

Bruce Heartl responded that no one needs to apologize for that. This has become a Big Time Volleyball program.

They did mention the Top 25 ranking but not that the tickets were only $1.

I may need to call in tomorrow with that information.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

#23 Cal Poly plays there first match this week tonight against Cal State F

#24 Clemson lost 3-0 yesterday to Virginia, and defeated Georgia Tech 3-1 on Tuesday

#26 UNLV is 1-0 so far this week with a 3-0 win against Air Force

#27 Minnesota swept Iowa, and lost 2-3 to Michigan

23. Cal Poly (248)
                      24. Clemson (136)
                      25. Wichita State (112)
                      26. UNLV (104)
                      27. Minnesota (83)

Comment

wELL IT LOOKS LIKE WE WILL ATLEAST MOVE UP 1 SPOT

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                          wELL IT LOOKS LIKE WE WILL ATLEAST MOVE UP 1 SPOT
                          One would figure, but you never know about this poll.

Comment

#23 Cal Poly swept Cal State Fullerton last night

looks like the shox could jump from #25 to #24, but i don't see a jump to #23 happening

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02

looks like the shox could jump from #25 to #24, but i don't see a jump to #23 happening
                              At least our SOS is helped by Cal Poly continuing to win.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                                Originally posted by shocks02

At least our SOS is helped by Cal Poly continuing to win.
                                Good point TMH. As far as our NCAA selection chances we are probably better off if Cal Poly keeps winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X