Shocks at SIU & Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock win 3-1 beat Aces.
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Missouri State 2-3 Southern Illinois

20-25, 25-20, 21-25, 25-15, 11-15

As I believe previously noted, Senior Night in Carbondale.

Comment

I listened to the match as best I could during the Shocks basketball exhibition game with Newman.

Sounds like Emily had her usual stellar performance with strong support from Kim.

Shocks did what they needed to do and avoided the landmines that were apparent in this trip. MSU's loss to SIU was icing on the cake.

Now Shocks need match MSU the rest of the way and have Creighton finish ahead of SIU in the standings or preferably we need UNI to beat MSU next Friday and then the Shocks knock of UNI on Saturday to give the Shocks the #2 seed and a 1st round bye in the MVC Tournament.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          I listened to the match as best I could during the Shocks basketball exhibition game with Newman.

Sounds like Emily had her usual stellar performance with strong support from Kim.

Shocks did what they needed to do and avoided the landmines that were apparent in this trip. MSU's loss to SIU was icing on the cake.

Now Shocks need match MSU the rest of the way and have Creighton finish ahead of SIU in the standings or preferably we need UNI to beat MSU next Friday and then the Shocks knock of UNI on Saturday to give the Shocks the #2 seed and a 1st round bye in the MVC Tournament.

:goshocks:
          CU has a good chance next weekend to fulfill its part of the requirement.....Jays host SIU on Friday the 13th, and Drake might provide more help the following night.

Basically its up to WSU fulfill its own destiny though. A sweep of the final 4 matches is VERY possible.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
            Basically its up to WSU fulfill its own destiny though. A sweep of the final 4 matches is VERY possible.
            I agree but is is also possible that MSU will win its final 4 matches and we may need to win the tiebreaker to get the #2 seed assuming the Shocks also win out.

Unfortunately, that means pulling for Creighton (as distasteful as that is) to finish ahead of SIU. Keep in mind that Creighton still has to travel to UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              Originally posted by shox8498
              I agree but is is also possible that MSU will win its final 4 matches and we may need to win the tiebreaker to get the #2 seed assuming the Shocks also win out.

Unfortunately, that means pulling for Creighton (as distasteful as that is) to finish ahead of SIU. Keep in mind that Creighton still has to travel to UNI.
              How about this scenario: WSU and MSU both win out (obviously meaning both beat UNI) and CU wins at UNI.

Does anyone know what the tie-break would be for a 3-way tie for 1st in that scenario?

I know, I know. It isn't going to happen. UNI could be swept by WSU and MSU, but they aren't going to lose to anyone else, especially at home.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

That would make the 3 of us 2-2 in pool play. Then it comes down to the best other win.

UNI would compare beating CU at CU vs losing to CU at home. We would compare beating CU at home and losing at CU. MSU would compare beating CU at CU and losing to SIU at home.

We would be the 3rd seed....I think.

Comment

That scenario could be complicated even more if SIU was to beat CU head-to-head and we end up with a 3-way for 1st and SIU and CU tied or perhaps maybe even Drake, SIU and CU tied. Evansville will also have a say in how this all shakes out as they play CU and Drake on the road and SIU at home to close out their season and try to make the MVC Tournament.

What's the tiebreaker if we end up with the 3-way tie for 1st between WSU, UNI and MSU based on TMH's scenario and a 3-way tie for 4th between CU and two other teams finishing at 9-9 (DU, SIU and EU all with a shot at that).

See picture posted by WstateU above!

Comment

BTW, congrats to Lambo and his Ladies on reaching the 20-win mark for the 7th consecutive season.

Let's hope that by the end of the month we are congratulating the Shocks for their 6th consecutive 25-win season.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                    X