Shocks at SIU & Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks at SIU & Evansville

This is an important road trip with the Shocks taking on two mid-tier MVC teams. I think this trip is comparable to the Creighton - Drake swing earlier in the year where the Shocks dropped a 3-1 decision to Creighton before coming back to sweep Drake. We can not afford another such stumble this weekend.

Personally, I think SIU (17-7, 6-7) is the tougher team, although the Shocks did sweep the Salukis in Wichita while dropping a set to the Aces (13-12, 6-7). Both teams have some good athletes and both are capable of upsetting the Shocks if we don't show up focused and ready to play to our capabilities.

MSU gets SIU on its Senior night (Saturday). Who knows maybe that will be when the Salukis are really inspired and pull an upset.

Both matches will be broadcast on KEYN 103.7 FM with Brian Petrotta calling the action. So we will have to do some multi-tasking while the Shocks take on Newman in the Men's BB exhibition game.

:goshocks:

The guy on the radio is an idiot who doesn't know volleyball.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Shocks win a nail-biter in Set 1. Shocks lead almost all the way (never by more than 3) but SIU actually served for the Set 1 25-24, but the Shocks were able to pull it out.

Shocks got out to a big lead in Set 2 and then coasted to a 25-16 win to go up 2-0.

One of the big differences between Sets 1 and 2 was the Shocks blocking. No blocks by the Shocks in Set 1 and SIU had no attack errors. Shocks got 2 blocks early and finsihed Set 2 with 4 blocks.

Shocks in another tight one in Set 3.

Comment

Shocks up 21-20, after pulling ahead 20-17. Lambo with a TO.

Comment

Good TO. Shocks score 2 out of the TO to go up 23-20 and force an SIU time-out.

Comment

Shocks finish off the Salukis 25-20. Was not easy, at least in Sets 1 and 3.

Glad to get out of Carbondale with the win.

On to Evansville tomorrow.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Nice win.
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Re: Shocks at SIU & Evansville

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                This is an important road trip with the Shocks taking on two mid-tier MVC teams. I think this trip is comparable to the Creighton - Drake swing earlier in the year where the Shocks dropped a 3-1 decision to Creighton before coming back to sweep Drake. We can not afford another such stumble this weekend.

Personally, I think SIU (17-7, 6-7) is the tougher team, although the Shocks did sweep the Salukis in Wichita while dropping a set to the Aces (13-12, 6-7). Both teams have some good athletes and both are capable of upsetting the Shocks if we don't show up focused and ready to play to our capabilities.

MSU gets SIU on its Senior night (Saturday). Who knows maybe that will be when the Salukis are really inspired and pull an upset.

Both matches will be broadcast on KEYN 103.7 FM with Brian Petrotta calling the action. So we will have to do some multi-tasking while the Shocks take on Newman in the Men's BB exhibition game.

Hopefully, we will get updates at the arena. I can't listen to one while I'm watching the other very well.

Last time I tried that we were playing Florida State in the NIT while simultaneously playing KState in Manhattan in a 17-18 inning baseball game. I gave up after 12 innings of baseball and focused my attention on the double OT affair with the Seminoles...........

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                  My lord...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Re: Shocks at SIU & Evansville

Originally posted by shox8498
                    Hopefully, we will get updates at the arena. I can't listen to one while I'm watching the other very well.

Last time I tried that we were playing Florida State in the NIT while simultaneously playing KState in Manhattan in a 17-18 inning baseball game. I gave up after 12 innings of baseball and focused my attention on the double OT affair with the Seminoles...........
                    I'm not anticipating the Newman game will be quite as intense as the FSU game (at least I certainly hope it isn't). I don't know how you could listen to anything at the FSU game as loud as it was in the arena from warm-ups to Pickett's killer 3 in the second OT.

Comment

MSU over Evansville 3-1 tonight to stay a game up on the Shocks.

Comment

Thoughts For Saturday:

Go Salukis!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                          Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                          My lord...

I enjoyed the moment when he said the first set was over (& WSU had won) when the score was 26-25 (or so - WSU was ahead by one.) I think SIU had called a time out.

Comment

You all are spoiled by Mike Kennedy who is a Hall of Fame guy. You must not remember his first times broadcasting a sport he was learning. Brian did quite well last night from what I heard. Tonight we just need to win big - no extrended scores and you will not have to test Brian's education from last night!!
                            GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                              You all are spoiled by Mike Kennedy who is a Hall of Fame guy. You must not remember his first times broadcasting a sport he was learning. Brian did quite well last night from what I heard. Tonight we just need to win big - no extrended scores and you will not have to test Brian's education from last night!!
                              Perhaps I am spoiled but who doesn't know you have to win by two in volleyball? Even in tennis, you have to win by two.

Comment

Working...
                              X