No announcement yet.

Louisville Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Shocker fans. We are, of course, an hour behind Louisville timewise, but hopefully the Shocks are good morning people.

Of course, Pitt is in the same boat plus they had a very tough 5-setter with Belmont yesterday evening.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Let's Go Shox!! :yahoo:

Comment

1)Yes, a great deal of patients recover from knee surgery and return to life as usual. MOST are not D1 athletes.

2)Some do not. I did not, and I drilled the rehab. Others recover but lose some of their athleticism. Is a full and complete recovery possible, even probable? Of course...let's be generous and put the probability at 80%..and that's being very generous.

3)Best case scenario, she walks without pain, has full range of motion as the Final Four is being contested. Running in March. Back to training in April or May. There is no chance for the spring season to play.

4)So let's say that she does return to full speed and training by the summer. Everyone she would be up against for playing time will have almost an entire year of playing, muscle memory, timing, experience etc on her. Lindsey's strength is not so much her physical ability, but her timing and skill. I contend both of these skills would be almost impossible to maintain. Again, let's be generous and say she returns at 80%.

Comment

Amanda Backes starting in Lindsey's position today.

Comment

5)Any chance she wants to move on with her life, take a job (she will graduate with honors) maybe get married and start a family? Any chance she doesn't want to risk another injury and an almost certain lifetime of pain? How about not getting her scholarship renewed? All those are possible...how possible? 10% total would be terribly optimistic.

6)The real variable is one often overlooked. What about the other guy? Who's to say that even at 110%, she wouldn't be passed by other returning or incoming players? That is certainly a possibility (Spangler's returning All-American from Stanford not withstanding). Again, being generous, let's say 20%.

I am not a probability student. I am sure someone here is.....that number cannot be good.

I hope she returns. More so, I hope she gets healthy and stays injury free. If she returns, it is a bonus but to think it is likely, imho, is pie in the sky. My left knee, if nothing else, will confirm that.

Now, back to more fun things.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu:

Comment

Pitt goes up early 7-4. Shocker timeout.

Comment

Oops! There goes the radio feed. :-x

Edit: My radio was the problem. Got if fixed.

Comment

Emily Adney already in the game and making her presence felt. This won't be the last time.

9-8 Panthers.

Comment

Service errors.....grrrrrrr.

Comment

Lousy start, too many errors. 15-12 Panthers at the TO.

Comment

Sounds like the Shocks passing is below par.

Comment

Adney buries one to force a Panther TO. 17-15 Pittsburgh

Comment

Can't wait to see Sarah McGee's smile after a solo block like that. I love seeing that kind of joy.

Shocks in deep water in set 1. 22-20 Panthers.

Comment

Very deep water.

24-22 Panthers.

Comment

Shocks drop 1st set of the season.

Ring, ring......rise and shine Ricky.

Comment

Working...
                                X