Louisville Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Invitational

About 91 hours and 15 minutes until the Shocks open the 2009 season against Belmont at 11:00 AM (CDT) Friday in Louisville.

Any chance we can get a Shock Clock started on this?

Looking forward to seeing this year's version of Shocker VB unveiled.

:goshocks:

Is any media coverage being provided? (I'm nervous about the first weekend considering Lindsey's injury and the need to adjust our left-side hitters.)
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

KEYN 103.7 FM Radio. I'm sure Mike Kennedy will be making the call.

Comment

I hear ya! I think we will be OK, but you just never know for sure how a team will react.

Comment

Shocks open the season against Belmont University on Friday at 11:00 am in the Louisville Invitational.

Hopefully, the girls have been warned to avoid Rick Pitino.

Belmont is coming off of a solid 25-8 year in 2008 including a 16-4 finish in the Atlantic Sun good for 3rd place. They did win the A-Sun post season tournament and lost to Hawaii 0-3 (19-25, 11-25 and 16-25) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

The Lady Bruins return 5 of their top 7 players from last year and return a total of 9 letter winners. They are picked to finish 2nd in the A-Sun this year.

Ther are not a real big team. They have one 6'3" Freshman MB on the roster. Their outside hitters are all in the 5'10" to 6'0" range. They do return a 5'10" Sophomore setter and they return their Libero. They only have 1 senior on this year's roster. Juniors and Sophs dominate the roster this year.

The Shocks and Bruins shared 2 common opponents from last year.
          Belmont defeated UMKC 3-0 on a nuetral court (25-23, 25-21, 25-17)
          Shocks defeated UMKC 3-0 at UMKC (25-11, 25-19, 25-9)

Belmont defeated Evansville 3-0 at home (25-22, 25-18, 25-20)
          Shocks defeated Evansville 3-0 on the road (25-17, 25-19, 25-16)
          Shocks defeated Evansville 3-1 at home (25-16, 25-10, 23-25, 25-15)

Belmont finished 2008 on an 11 match winning streak before losing to Hawaii in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament.

A good opener for the Shocks. A match they should win, but not a total pushover either.

Comment

Just a tad over an hour to go to get this season started.

Today's match is broadcast on the internet only.

Let's get this season off to a great start. :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              Just a tad over an hour to go to get this season started.

Today's match is broadcast on the internet only.

Let's get this season off to a great start. :goshocks:
              :yes:
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Finding a GameTracker link was a pain, but here's how you get to it.

- Open this link.
                - In the Next Event box (should show Arizona @ Louisville), click the GameTracker link.
                - Once GameTracker loads, click Open Scores near the top and find the WSU vs. Belmont match.

Comment

Thanks Royal I am not having any luck with the internet feed. I get about 11 seconds in on the Hubris intro and lose the audio.

Comment

Thanks Royal, i'm also having trouble with the internet audio, is this not on KEYN?

Comment

Keep in mind, it's the start of the season so I will be stunned if GameTracker even works.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
                        Thanks Royal, i'm also having trouble with the internet audio, is this not on KEYN?
                        Internet only. The Pitt and Louisville matches will be on KEYN. Looks like we are having some season opener issues with the internet feed.

Comment

I guess I should have checked GoShockers for the Live Stats link.

The Wichita State volleyball team opens the 2009 season this weekend in Louisville, Ky., at the Louisville Invitational. The No. 17 Shockers will take on Belmont at 11 a.m. on Aug. 28, Pittsburgh at 9 a.m. on Aug. 29 and Louisville at 12 p.m. on Aug. 30.

Comment

Shocks up 12-5 in Set 1.

I am listening on my internet browser with the embedded flash player.

Comment

Thanks, '72. Any updates are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X