No announcement yet.

Lindsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless if she comes back 100% or not, it would be nicer to see her out on the court on senior night instead of standing on the sideline on crutches.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      There are no doubt many examples of players coming back strong from inujuries. Unfortunately, there are probably just as many who don't make it back even though many give it a valiant effort (look no furhter than Mantas Griskenas last year).

No way to predict how Lindsey will fare in a comeback attempt. The only thing we know for sure is that the road back is a tough one.

I'm not willing to bet against Lindsey, but there is no guarantee she will make it back to or close to her former level of performance, although I am hoping she does.
      Griskenas had two surgeries.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Now the question is who gets Lindsey's minutes? Amanda, Kim, or ??????????
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
          Now the question is who gets Lindsey's minutes? Amanda, Kim, or ??????????

The right side will be a question mark at the beginning of the season according to Lamb. Lost is part-time starter Angela Jakubov, who finished her career at WSU by averaging 1.70 kills, 0.85 digs and 0.48 blocks during her senior season. Junior Amanda Backes saw a lot of playing time on the right at the end of the 2008 season and averaged 1.82 kills and 0.57 blocks per set. Lamb has the option of using many different players on the right in different situations including seniors Katie Niggemeyer, Stephanie Tokarz, Kim Wadsworth and Lindsey Eckenrode and juniors Amanda Backes and Sarah McGee.

“The right side is kind of a big question mark,” Lamb said. “I think we don’t yet know exactly how we’re going to play or who is going to be on the right side. There are a lot of different ways to play; we could use a passer or a scorer, a complete player or a setter. I think we are going to be at the drawing board and competing a lot of different ways from the start to decide how we are going to play best.”

The Shockers return senior Emily Stockman, the 2008 MVC Player-of-the-Year, to the left side in 2009. She averaged 3.65 kills, 0.29 service aces, 3.07 digs and 0.58 blocks per set a season ago. WSU also returns senior Lindsey Eckenrode. She finished second on the team in kills a year ago and averaged 2.50 kills and 0.44 blocks per set. Lamb has other options on the left including seniors Katie Niggemeyer and Kim Wadsworth, juniors Amanda Backes and Sarah McGee and redshirt freshman Dana Loganbill. True freshmen Emily Adney, Katie Vogts, Brianna Kaiser, Alysa Heath, Haley Dotson and Sam Sanders will also be in the mix for playing time.

“We have a lot of people competing, but we have two players returning who have started there since they came into the program in Emily Stockman and Lindsey Eckenrode,” Lamb said. “Right off the bat you have to say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but I’m always having them compete for stuff. What they do best isn’t necessarily how we play best so there will be some opportunities for Amanda Backes, Dana Loganbill, Sarah McGee, Katie Niggemeyer and Kim Wadsworth to be over there. We also have a lot of young freshmen who will also get a chance over there.”

The Shocks return three players with experience playing the middle in seniors Katie Niggemeyer and Stephanie Tokarz and junior Sarah McGee. Niggemeyer averaged 1.78 kills and 0.56 blocks per set last season, while Tokarz averaged 0.98 kills and 0.91 blocks. McGee, a first team all-Valley selection in 2008, averaged 2.35 kills and 1.10 blocks per set, while hitting .324. The middle will be deep and competitive as redshirt freshman Jada Witham and freshmen Elizabeth Field and Ashley Andrade compete for playing time.

“We return an all-conference middle in Sarah McGee and the year before in Stephanie Tokarz and then arguably the best player on our team this spring in Katie Niggemeyer,” Lamb said. “We’ve got experience returning in the middle. Statistically, Jada Witham has made herself very relevant in a hurry and we feel that we are as talented and experienced than we’ve ever been in the middle.”

The 2009 Shockers return 10 letterwinners and six starters to a team that won a school-record 30 matches a season ago. WSU won its fourth Missouri Valley Conference title in the last five years with an 18-0 mark and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. WSU also earned its highest ranking in school history at No. 9 in the AVCA poll and finished the regular-season 29-0.

My guess is that Sarah McGee plays left side with Emily Stockman, Stephanie Tokarz & Katie Niggemeyer play middle and the right side is up in the air. I lean toward Amanda Backes & Kim Wadsworth on the right.
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If Stephanie can stay healthy then she, Katie and Sarah make up a very nice rotation in the middle.

I'm not certain any of those 3 is suited to play the right. I could certainly be wrong.

Amanda has the most talent, imho, of the returning rights. I have heard that Jada has a TON of upside in the middle. Dana should get some swings from the left when Emily needs a break. I don't think Kim will play a big role.

I get the feeling that Emily Adney may be in the mix as well. And we will see Elizabeth Fields dominate before its all over. She is learning but my goodness does she have some talent.

I also get the feeling that Chelsey Feekin may play this year even though I had heard that a redshirt was the most likely option. That surprised me, as I feel she is the most talented recruit of Lambo's tenure. I guess we'll know more in about a week.

By the way, the new volleyball tv commercial is saweeeeeeeeeet.

Comment

Dana will play but not much early. She is still recovering from shoulder surgery and should be 100% by the end of September or early in October. (She could play now if it was absolutely necessary but it's not a great idea.) This, of course, is just what I heard and could be incorrect.

ADDED: If you really want to know her status, talk to Dana or Chris Lamb; I've been wrong before.

Comment

Nice to have so many options at Lambo's disposal. My guess is we will see Amanda Backes get a good portion of Lindsey's swings. Lambo has always been very high on Amanda's upside, but Lambo is always tinkering and scheming so you just never know what he might come up with.

Athletically we can replace Lindsey no problem. OTOH, Lindsey had a lot of VB smarts and just had a knack for finding the open seams. That aspect of her game may be a little more difficult to compensate for.

Only a handful of days left before we get started on this coming Friday so we will find out soon enough.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Only a handful of days left before we get started on this coming Friday so we will find out soon enough.
                  Maybe we should all have a party?

Comment

Tailgate?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
                      Tailgate?
                      Against WSU rules (at least on campus). Maybe at Sedgwick County Park?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        I get the feeling that Emily Adney may be in the mix as well. And we will see Elizabeth Fields dominate before its all over. She is learning but my goodness does she have some talent.
                        Adney named All-American (June 24, 2009)

D'Evelyn Junior/Senior High School graduate Emily Adney was named to the AAU All-American team after the AAU Girls' Junior National Volleyball Championships wrapped up Saturday, June 20, in Florida. Adney helped the Front Range Volleyball Club to a fifth-place finish, along with being the only Colorado player named to the 10-person All-American team. She will continue her volleyball career at Wichita State University next fall.

Adney, who led 4A Jeffco with 303 kills, has signed to play for Wichita State University.

"I went there for a visit and I loved it," Adney said. "I couldn't feel one thing wrong with the school. It was phenomenal: the facilities, the people, the coaches are awesome."

Comment

Working...
                        X