Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsey

Oh no Lindsey say its not so. :shock:
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

The Sports in Brief section of Saturday morning's Eagle (no info on kansas.com) states that Lindsey is on crutches following surgery to her left leg. Coach Lamb declined to comment on the injury, saying he wanted to speak with her before making any public comments.

Comment

Hopefully not something that will keep her out for the whole year, but if it is I don't believe she ever redshirted and that could be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
        Hopefully not something that will keep her out for the whole year, but if it is I don't believe she ever redshirted and that could be an option.
        She didn't redshirt her first year.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

From what I have heard through the grapevine, a week ago Thursday she landed on a teammate's foot coming down from hitting and did some damage to her ACL and Meniscus? Surgery went well and she is expected to be out this full season.

Hang tough Lindsey.. we love you!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan132
            From what I have heard through the grapevine, a week ago Thursday she landed on a teammate's foot coming down from hitting and did some damage to her ACL and Meniscus? Surgery went well and she is expected to be out this full season.

Hang tough Lindsey.. we love you!
            I attended the Volleyball 101 Dinner; it happened a little differentlty. Otherwise you're pretty close.
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

As usual, Lindsey had a beautiful smile and was upbeat all night long.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is an amazing group of young women.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                As usual, Lindsey had a beautiful smile and was upbeat all night long.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is an amazing group of young women.
                To me, it isn't the coaches or the AD or the Athletics staff. It's the players who make this a great program. I feel very proud of WSU everytime I see the student-athletes who represent our university.

Comment

I thought Lambo might say something about Lindsey's situation at the VB101 Dinner tonight be he did not.

As Doc said, Lindsey was in good spirits tonight and while she won't be on the court this year she will contribute valuable moral support for her teammates and is providing leadership by the mature way she is handling her injury.

Not sure if Lindsey will attempt to come back and complete her final year of eligibility next year, but whatever she decides I wish her the very best.

Obviously, this will be a significant loss for the Shocks, but the team has a lot of quality depth and it will interesting to see who will sieze the opportunity to fill the void left by the Lindsey's injury.

:goshocks:

Comment

Lindsey's injury and loss for the year was reported on the Channel 12 sportscast tonight. They said that Lindsey would be back for her final season of eligibility next year.

It will take a lot of hard work, but I'm sure Lindsey is up to it.

Hope all goes well and Lindsey can finish out her Shocker career in style next year.

Go Lindsey! :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      Lindsey's injury and loss for the year was reported on the Channel 12 sportscast tonight. They said that Lindsey would be back for her final season of eligibility next year.

It will take a lot of hard work, but I'm sure Lindsey is up to it.

Hope all goes well and Lindsey can finish out her Shocker career in style next year.

Go Lindsey! :goshocks:
                      Lindsey could be MVC POY in 2010 (or MEH).

Comment

Last night on Channel 12 said she would come back for her 5th year and play

Comment

That's a pleasant thought, but if you haven't been through the injury I don't think you understand how hard it is not only to recover but to regain the past athleticism, which is VERY unusual.

Lindsey's strength has always been her ability to adjust and get really good swings and hit the ball, hard, more often than the other girl.

With the surgery she had, she's looking at a minimum of 6 months (and up to 12-18 ) to regain full motion and be back to the point she was 10 days ago. That's if all goes perfect. Then she is a season behind everyone else in experience, repetitiveness and most importantly, conditioning. It's way less than 50-50 that she'll be able to compete in the spring season. The vast majority of athletes return from this surgery less talented, physically, than before.

I don't say this to be negative or downtrodden. Outside of her family and team, there probably aren't 20 people that want her to return healthy and successful any more than I do. I simply don't want there to be unrealistic expectations of what will happen to Lindsey. Let's get her stitches out, get her off crutches and get her range of motion past 90 degrees and then we can start talking about potential POY next year.

Fortunately, Lindsey seems to be taking this in stride and dealing with it better than many of us.

Comment

There are many examples of players who injured their knees (e.g. torn ACL) and returned the next season to become All-Americans. Here is one.

Cynthia Barboza (Stanford)
                            2005 Freshman Season: "Led the Pac-10 in kills (297) and kills per game (4.50) up until she tore her ACL near the end of the season and sat out the last 11 matches"

2006 Sophomore Season: "Barboza recovered from her injury and was named an AVCA and Volleyball Magazine first team All-American. ... Barboza was named to the final four All-Tournament team for her efforts, as she collected 12 kills and 7 digs."

2007 Junior Season: "Barboza repeated as an AVCA and Volleyball Magazine first team All-American."

2008 Senior Season: "2008 AVCA First-Team All-American ... named to the NCAA Final Four All-Tournament Team for the second time in her career ... an alternate for both the 2004 and 2008 Olympic teams ... finished ninth all-time at Stanford in kills (1,639), sixth in digs (1,241) and ninth in service aces (115) ... a finalist for the AAU Sullivan Award."

Comment

There are no doubt many examples of players coming back strong from inujuries. Unfortunately, there are probably just as many who don't make it back even though many give it a valiant effort (look no furhter than Mantas Griskenas last year).

No way to predict how Lindsey will fare in a comeback attempt. The only thing we know for sure is that the road back is a tough one.

I'm not willing to bet against Lindsey, but there is no guarantee she will make it back to or close to her former level of performance, although I am hoping she does.

Comment

Working...
                              X