Volleyball 101 Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball 101 Dinner

Saturday, August 22nd - 5:30 PM in the Koch Arena Multi-Purpose Facility.

Tickets - $30 Per Person (Sponsor Table - $500)

NCAA Rules Interpreter Marcia Alterman will help you understand the rules of the game. Lambo and the team will walk through strategic plays with on-court demonstrations.

All proceeds go directly to fund travel expenses, RECRUITING COSTS, the player's team room and locker room and other key areas essential to the ongoing sucess of the program.

Deadline is August 17th, although waiting until the last minute might be risky. I would not be surprised that this event will be a sell out. At least I'm hoping it will be.

:goshocks:

I spoke with the gentleman whose company is the lead sponsor of the VB 101 Dinner.

He said that when he talked with them about sponsoring this event that the Coaches and WSU people were a little bit concerned about how well it would go over.

The Sponsor told me that he recently talked with Shannon Lamb and that they had already filled up 28 tables (8 persons per table I believe). That would be 224 attendees. Not sure how many they can accomodate for this.

So I feel a little better about my previous prediction that this event will be a sellout.

Comment

I hope it does sell out. That would be great for the program.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Last day to get your tix to the Volleyball 101 dinner.

Comment

I bought my tickets last month, my wife and I are really looking forward to this. We have been to several VB dinners before, but this is different than any others. We are looking forward to the rules explanation and even more so to the play demonstration. Hope it sells out.

Comment

I've heard through the grapevine that ticket sales for this event have been brisk, however, a good percentage of sales are due to corporate type sponsorship so there might be some concern about actual physical attendance.

This above personal comment aside, for those attending, please be patient with the process. I know I am often all too quick to hammer admins for what I perceive to be a lack of planning and forethought. This is really the first event of its kind for the Volleyball department so I would expect some growing pains. Be patient IF (I stress if) things don't go smoothly and enjoy what should be a really fun evening.

Comment

My grandson's birthday is August 22. I had to wait until the last minute to make sure the dinner would not interfere with his birthday party before I could buy my ticket.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

At 4:45 today there were only 6 tickets left. Way to go Shox!

Comment

I would have to say the inaugural Volleyball 101 Dinner was a resounding success with about 400 rock solid Shocker fans in attendance.

All in all I thought it went very well and was an enjoyable evening.

Bottom Line is that the Volleyball Program raised a decent amount of coin (I would guess around $30,000 or so.) I think Lambo was very pleased.

Kudos tonight go to the Shocker Fans in attendance.

:posterwsu:

Comment

There was some concern that the attendance number would be soft (from my sources) but that was far from the case.

400+ (the original goal had been 200) and honestly it seemed like more.

The auction was kind of a late addition but very successful for a 1st attempt. I would expect next year to be even better. It was very well run and other than being a tad bit long, was a blast. I would be curious what people thought about the food.....I thought it was better than the Marshall Golf Tournament. A very impressive spread.

Kudos to Jeff Johnson for not only his support of WSU across the board, but for adding the 10 extra couples at the end of the auction that raised an additional $2500 as an afterthought.

Coach Lamb was fun to listen to and I suspect next year we'll get a bigger dose, which will be great. A great, great evening.

Comment

The food was OK. I don't generally attend these type of functions with the expectation of getting a gourmet meal. The chicken was little dry, but overall it was pretty good eats. I assume the Fox & Hound donated the eats.

The live music was good, but a little loud. It was hard to have a conversation with the person next to you while the band was playing. That may have more to do with the acoustics of that facility than anything.

My favorite parts were the auction of dinner at the River City Brewery with Lambo as auctioneer and the adjustments being made on the fly. I also enjoyed the actual Volleyball 101 portion and I thought Marsha Alterman and Lambo were both educational and entertaining.

And for the guys, I have to say there are more than a few pretty faces and beautiful smiles on this year's roster.

Comment

The wife and I had a great time at the event. They even had to add an additional table at the end to accomodate some late attendees. Food was better than the norm at these types of events. I noticed alot more water and tea drinkers at this function vs alcohol. I won the golf with lambo part of the auction and look forward to letting you know how well he plays. I can never pick out any SN people at these events maybe we need a secret handshake or something? Lamb did a great job of auctioning off the dinner portion and he really is a funny guy off the court. Marsha did a great job of explaining rules and interpretations of certain things. A very nice first effort for the VB and AD office. I think they said several times that they were hoping for 200 but had 400+ at the event so way to go SHOX!

Comment

Great event. I think it was good to have someone explain some of the parts of the game to us. Things like this is what result in first class programs. Our Shocker Nation really is supporting this program and the girls get better each year. Looking forward to a dominate season on the court. Lambo is building a top ten program and we need to support it!
                          GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
                            I can never pick out any SN people at these events maybe we need a secret handshake or something?
                            Maybe next year we can pool our resources and sponsor a ShockerNet.Net
                            table or two.

At this year's prices ($500/Table) and setup (10 place tables) that would take $100 per couple. 5 couples per table.

Need to check with Royal and make sure he has no problems with using ShockerNet.Net as the sponsor.

Comment

Glad to hear it was a successfull event. Was dissapointed that I missed it, but had to be in KC for a triathlon. Hopefully this is a yearly event and it works out that I can attend it in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X