No announcement yet.

Volleyball at Charles Koch Arena July 17 and 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved both nights. I'm excited about WSU's volleyball season. I hope lots of people come out to watch WSU play the Italian National Team in September (9/15 if I recall correctly).

I liked Hein's play a lot. Where did he play in college?
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Hein is from the Chicago area and played his college VB at Pepperdine.

Comment

WICHITA, Kan. - Showing no signs of a letdown after winning its pool on Friday, the United States defeated Netherlands 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 26-24) in the teams' final 2009 FIVB World League pool play match before 4,825 at Charles Koch Arena.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

That was one of the most exciting athletic events I've ever been to. Great atmosophere, fun volleyball, olympic level athletes. Wow!

Comment

I was there Saturday night and all I can say is WOW. These athletes are world class. Both teams were impressive. We are fortunate to be able to see something like this in person, as always much better in person than watching on TV. I would bet watching our lady SHOX play the Italian national team will be just as impressive. WSU better have more than one concession open - I bet you see over 7,000 in the seats!
            GO SHOX!

Comment

ESPN2 and ESPNU will show a tape of the match between the Netherlands and the United States on Tuesday (July 28th) and Wednesday (July 29th).

ESPN2 will have it Tuesday from 8:30PM - 10:30PM.
              ESPNU will have it Wednesday from 6:30PM - 8:30PM.

The schedule doesn't say whether one channel will broadcast Friday's games and the other channel Saturday's games.

Comment

Why can't WSU have a floor like what they played on?

Comment

We can do anything we want (within NCAA rules)

Everyone needs to join the SHOCKS MATCH CLUB
                  100 people at the $ 500 level = $ 50,000 thats real $$
                  or take 1,000 people at the $ 100 level = $ 100,000
                  Your choice - Lambo would be here forever!
                  GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    Why can't WSU have a floor like what they played on?
                    I'll presume we could if someone(s) is/are willing to cough up the $$$. I do agree it looked FANTASTIC. Would be quite an item that would make a statement to the VB program that they are very important to WSU.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
                      We can do anything we want (within NCAA rules)

Everyone needs to join the SHOCKS MATCH CLUB
                      100 people at the $ 500 level = $ 50,000 thats real $$
                      or take 1,000 people at the $ 100 level = $ 100,000
                      Your choice - Lambo would be here forever!
                      You got it. I'm in at the $250 level plus 4 season tickets. I think I will also by a couple of tix to the Volleyball 101 dinner on August 22nd.

WICHITA, Kan. ? The Wichita State volleyball program will be hosting a Volleyball 101 Dinner on Sat., Aug. 22. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. in the Preferred Health Systems Multi-Purpose Center.

I can use the continuing education that will provide. I hope they don't confuse me too much.

:goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                      X