Volleyball at Charles Koch Arena July 17 and 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball at Charles Koch Arena July 17 and 18

In case anyone hasn't heard, the defending World League and Olympic champs will be in Charles Koch Arena July 17 and 18.

FIVB World League Volleyball Coming to Wichita

International volleyball will make its way to Wichita as the USA Men's Volleyball team will take on the Netherlands inside Charles Koch Arena at 7 p.m., July 17th and 18th.

The defending World League and Olympic champions will compete against the Netherlands in the last matches of Pool A play before action begins in the final round held July 22-26 in Belgrade, Serbia.
    Here's some more information.

U.S. Men Finish Pool Play in Wichita

This is a must see event. These matches are not exhibition matches; they count in the standings. The level of play should be amazing!!! Even George is going.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If I can make it I will.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I've got 5 tickets for the Saturday match and really looking forward to seeing the men play live.

From what I've seen on the tube the Men's game is more of a power game than what the women play as you might expect. Not as many long rallies but if you like to see powerful kills from the rafters this should be fun.

Were very fortunate to have such an event in Wichita. Hopefully, Wichita sports fans will support this well, although I realize this is not the best of times economically.

Go USA!

Comment

I've got tickets for Friday and Saturday. It's only $25 for two days, general admission or $40 for two days, reserved seating. I don't think Wichita has ever seen this type of event (world class, international volleyball) before and it might be a long time before we see it again.

Have you purchased your WSU women's volleyball season ticket(s)? The Lambs and other coaches do an amazing job and deserve our support. Students get in free and count toward our attendance goals.

Don't forget Little Spikers and Junior Spikers if you have kids or grandkids.
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Yes - this is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime event. If you like volleyball, this is your chance. World-class athletes. It'll be fun to compare the styles of our WSU women verus seeing these guys up close. I sure hope we have lots of people show up.

Comment

I just talked to the ticket office and only 4,000 tickets have been sold for tonight's game. That's a disappointing number...

Comment

I'm committed to other things tonight. But I'll have to see how tomorrow looks.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Just did a little research, and the largest crowds in Team USA's pool have been around 5k. Most of them have been around 4k or under. Of the 4 other matches played in the US - 3 have been around 4k and the other was 5k. So we at least look like we're holding our own on the attendance side.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333
                    I just talked to the ticket office and only 4,000 tickets have been sold for tonight's game. That's a disappointing number...
                    That's a number much, much higher than the one I was just given. I certainly hope that my information is poor. I have a feeling we are going to be amongst friends and family this weekend. I really hope I am wrong.

Comment

Good times tonight. Clay Stanley is crazy good.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        That's a number much, much higher than the one I was just given. I certainly hope that my information is poor. I have a feeling we are going to be amongst friends and family this weekend. I really hope I am wrong.
                        The FIVB site says the attendance was 4'475 (yes, apostrophe, not comma). I will not be there until tomorrow night, so I have no idea if that is tickets sold or seats occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                          Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          The FIVB site says the attendance was 4'475 (yes, apostrophe, not comma). I will not be there until tomorrow night, so I have no idea if that is tickets sold or seats occupied.
                          From looking at the crowd I would say seats occupied. The arena was nearly half full. I would prefer to get closer to the 6'000 mark for Saturday, but I have my doubts.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

It was fun and the crowd was pretty loud. Games 2 and 3 were very close; the USA came from behind to win both times.

Comment

I attended the USA vs Netherlands match on Saturday night. All that I can say is Wow! Of course, only sports fans who like to see power, athleticism, power, skill, power, teamwork and power on full display would have enjoyed this event. You can't fully appreciate these attributes by watching this on the tube. Very impressive. Definitely not a game for wussies.

I'd say around 5,000 for the match.

Sure wish the Shocker Ladies had a court set up like that to play on.

If the KC Chiefs are looking for a replacement for Tony Gonzalez they might want to give Evan Patak (#3) a look see. At 6'8" and 250 lbs he definitely has an NFL body.

With Patak and 6'11", 230 lb Andrew Hein around him 5'10", 176 lb Alee Reft looked like a dwarf out there, although one darn quick dwarf.

I give the event one big :good:

Sure glad I attended.

Comment

Working...
                              X