How 'Bout Some International VB Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'Bout Some International VB Tonight

As always ORU has a bunch of Brazilians (6) on their squad plus the token Croatian.

I don't really now how much 6 Brazilian is but it sounds like a lot! :D

In any case ORU does not look to be quite as strong as they were a year ago when they defeated the Shocks at Koch Arena (sans Abby Harsh who was down in her back).

The bad thing is we conflict with Shocker Madness tonight.

The good thing is the VB match starts at 6:00 PM.

The bad thing is my headphone radio gets lousy reception inside Koch Arena.

The good thing is I get OK reception in the concourse area.

The bad thing is I may be running back and forth from the concourse to the arena.

The good thing is I need the exercise.

Maybe I should just get a better radio!

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

I wonder if Mike Kennedy will be doing the VB play-by-play tonight or if he will be at Shocker Madness?

Guess we'll know in about 90 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      I wonder if Mike Kennedy will be doing the VB play-by-play tonight or if he will be at Shocker Madness?

Guess we'll know in about 90 minutes.
      He will be broadcasting the ORU match. He advised people to bring a portable radio to Shocker Madness so they could listen to volleyball during the last broadcast.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
        He will be broadcasting the ORU match. He advised people to bring a portable radio to Shocker Madness so they could listen to volleyball during the last broadcast.
        Yes, I recall that, but I didn't remember him saying whether he would be doing the broadcast or whether Ted or Shane might be doing the Broadcast.

However, you are usually right TMH so I will be looking forward to Mike's call of the match. If Mike does do the Broadcast I guess that means VB does count for something (at least in Mike Kennedy's view) and I think that is a good message for Mike to send.

Comment

If they want some additional cheers tonight at Shocker Madness, I hope they announce the VB score at various times throughout the night. (if we are winning). :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Lady Shox roll in Game 1, 30-15. :clap:

Squeak out a much more competetive Game 2, 31-29. :clap:

Comment

So far so good.

Comment

Shox finish it off in 3, with a Game 3 score of 30-25.

Way to take care of business.

Comment

Gotta take the ones that you're supposed to win, and these ladies seem to do a very good job of it.

Comment

Hardly an awful ORU team. The last time they lost at home was to WSU in 2005.

19 match winning streak snapped by the Shox.

I'm sure we'll drop in the RPI.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Who were the big contributers tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                        Who were the big contributers tonight?
                        Stephanie Tokarz, bad feet and all, had a terrific night. Her attack line was 14-1-21 = 0.619 plus she was in on 6 Block Assists. I've been a little hard on Stephanie at times but she has been very good lately while playing in some pain. Nice job young lady. Keep up the outstanding play.

Sara Lungren had a very solid night at 10-3-28 = 0.250, plus 2 Aces vs 1 Service Error and also chipping in with 1 Block Solo and 2 Block Assists.

Emily Stockman had 11 kills, but also had 5 errors although a 0.207 hitting percentage is not horrible. Not great, but not horrible. Emily did have 3 Service Errors and seems to be having a hard time getting her hard jump serve in play in recent matches. Emily did have 10 digs for another double-double.

Abby Harsh had her usual solid game and Kelly Broussard led the way with 17 digs.

Angela Jakubov had a tough night hitting 0-2-10 = -0.200.

Whopping attendance tonight of 102. Maybe that's why the Shocks are so tough on the road.

Surprised the score wasn't announced at Shocker Madness. Maybe it was and I just didn't understand what was being said. I think I can make out about every 3rd word over the Koch Arena sound system.

Now we turn our attention back to the MVC race.

Comment

I missed the match because I attended Shocker Madness tonight. I was not impressed by the women's team; it follows the same play book used over the last two years. I don't expect much progress in WBB this year. On the other side, PJ is the man!!!! I thought Marshall was frustrated at the poor defense (at times) and the slow pace; this is just my guess.

Anyway, my excuse for not hearing the game is given above. For those who listened, WHAT HAPPENED?? 30-15 followed by 31-29?? Did a new team come out for ORU after the first game? Did Lamb sub in bench players?

Next up: ISU and ISU. Illinois State seems to be getting better but we should sweep them on Saturday. Agree? Disagree? After that, it's SIU and UE. One goal should be 7000+ at the Fri, Nov 02 match vs. Missouri State. Bring a friend!! Or 6 friends!!!
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Thank you 72 for recognizing Stephanie's contributions to the team. I'm sure that was no small feat for you - no pun intended!

I can't believe not a single one of you regular contributors didn't recognize Tokarz' MVC Defensive Player of the Week accolades today. Talk about bias! If it was Katie, Sarah, or one of the other ladies, some of you would be gushing of their dominating play or how you think 'she' should be playing more.... The bottom line is that Tokarz is putting up numbers and leading the team (MVC too) without the flash, without the drama, and without the emotion.

I was in Tulsa for business and went to the game tonight. Great game ladies! Although ORU was inconsistent in their passing game they're definitely a scrappy team with powerful hitters. Our defensive front line had hands on the ball majority of the match; our 11 blocks to their 4. They even had hands on the ones that were deflected and found a way for a point. Their transition play is improving as well. It was fun to watch both teams dig - 51 for both!

Concur with 72's performance cliff notes: Abby was having fun and I thought Mel and Kelly were key in cleaning up the ball around the net. Sarah was swinging strong, Emily and Lindsey were big contributors.

Comment

I saw the award Stephanie got on the MVC site and on valleytalk. I just assumed it had been mentioned here. Does anyone know what Stephanie career plans are? Pharmacist?
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X