How 'Bout Some International VB Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 83 Flyer
    I can't believe not a single one of you regular contributors didn't recognize Tokarz' MVC Defensive Player of the Week accolades today. Talk about bias! If it was Katie, Sarah, or one of the other ladies, some of you would be gushing of their dominating play or how you think 'she' should be playing more
    I think that may be a little bit Harsh, 83. (Pun intended).

Abby Harsh for example has won several awards over the past several weeks, and I don't think any of them were mentioned. While I agree with you that Stephanie deserves her due, I think you are going just a little over board in your criticism of other board members for not mentioning Stephanie's award. I think it is becoming so common place for a Shocker to win a weekly VB award that the majority of them don't get mentioned on this board.

We all have our own favorites on the team and, human nature is such that you will talk more about your favorites than you will other players.
    Unfortunately, that may at time take away from the contributions of other players such as Stephanie.

However, I like most fans am rooting for all the Shocks to do well. Stephanie has certainly played well recently and I hope she can continue to handle her foot pain and continue to play well.

It is unfortunate that Stephanie has to wait until her VB career is over before she can have the corrective surgery she needs to take care of her foot pain. It would be very interesting to see what she would be capable of if she were pain free.

I think I heard Lambo say after the ORU match last night (was trying to listen during Shocker Madness) that they had done some things with Stephanie to make it less predictable to where she would be, thereby making it more difficult for defenders to line up on her. If last night's results are any indication those adjustments worked very well indeed.

It would be great if this team continues to improve and be playing their best volleyball at the end of the year. So far, so good.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I was in Tulsa for business and went to the game tonight. Great game ladies!
      BTW 83, what's it like to account for 1% of the attendance at a road game.

Way to represent! :good:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        I was in Tulsa for business and went to the game tonight. Great game ladies!
        BTW 83, what's it like to account for 1% of the attendance at a road game.

Way to represent! :good:
        :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please come to the MSU and CU matches!!! "Whopping attendance tonight of 102" - Let's get 100 times as many fans for Senior Night vs. Creighton.

There are ONLY FIVE HOME MATCHES LEFT !!!!!!!!!
        Fri, Oct 19 Indiana State * - Wichita, Kan. 7 p.m.
        Sat, Oct 20 Illinois State * - Wichita, Kan. 7 p.m.
        Fri, Nov 02 Missouri State * - - Wichita, Kan. 7 p.m.
        Fri, Nov 09 Drake * - - Wichita, Kan. 7 p.m.
        Sat, Nov 10 Creighton * - - Wichita, Kan. 7 p.m.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The Illinois State match this Saturday should be a good one also.

Remember, the Redbirds had an important win over the Shockers in the Chuck last year that had a significant impact on the final outcome of the MVC race. Hopefully, we will get our revenge Saturday.

:( Sadly I will not be in attendance, but my tickets will be used.

:D Visiting one of my daughters so I'm happy about that.

I think we will have pretty good crowd for this match.

If we can win this match and don't have an unexpected stumble against the bottom half of the league, then the Missouri State and Creighton matches, IMHO, become must see sports action for Shocker fans of all stripes, even if you have zero interest in VB or Women's Sports.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Thank you 72 for recognizing Stephanie's contributions to the team. I'm sure that was no small feat for you - no pun intended!

I can't believe not a single one of you regular contributors didn't recognize Tokarz' MVC Defensive Player of the Week accolades today. Talk about bias! If it was Katie, Sarah, or one of the other ladies, some of you would be gushing of their dominating play or how you think 'she' should be playing more.... The bottom line is that Tokarz is putting up numbers and leading the team (MVC too) without the flash, without the drama, and without the emotion.

I was in Tulsa for business and went to the game tonight. Great game ladies! Although ORU was inconsistent in their passing game they're definitely a scrappy team with powerful hitters. Our defensive front line had hands on the ball majority of the match; our 11 blocks to their 4. They even had hands on the ones that were deflected and found a way for a point. Their transition play is improving as well. It was fun to watch both teams dig - 51 for both!

Concur with 72's performance cliff notes: Abby was having fun and I thought Mel and Kelly were key in cleaning up the ball around the net. Sarah was swinging strong, Emily and Lindsey were big contributors.

I think it is obvious that Stephanie's strong play of late has been the chief reason for Katie spending time on the bench. When ST is playing at the level she is now, the ladies are a tough, tough out. It would seem that health is playing a big part in her ability to perform at the peak of her ability. I hope that she makes the best choice/decision for her long term.

Perhaps us "regular contributors" are spoiled and used to seeing a member of the team on the weekly Valley list whether it be defensive, scholar athlete, etc......

There is NO doubt the team is superior with a healthy Stephanie and I am thrilled she is able to play the way she is right now.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

What we need is more regular contributors to make sure no one is slighted.

I would love to have 83 Flyer be a regular contibutor as I enjoy his (or her, not sure) insights.

Maybe, this will happen with the new stand alone forum for VB.

Comment

Working...
              X