Where will be this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock10
    Shockers play what would be a 6 seed vs. 11 seed in the bball tourney. That sucks. That means they think we are a 21 22 23 or 24 ranking vs a 41 42 43 44. I think we are better than that.
    No it doesn't mean that. They seed the Top 16, after that they assign by geographical proximity.

The top 16 teams were seeded nationally and placed within four regions. The teams tabbed as the top four seeds were No. 1 Pennsylvania State University; No. 2 Stanford University; No. 3 University of Texas at Austin; and No. 4 University of Nebraska, Lincoln.

Team pairings were determined by geographical proximity, with the exception that teams from the same conference were not paired during the first and second rounds.
    Once they finish the Top 16 seeds little on no thought is given to where you rank.

Comment

They had no problem sending Oregon 3000 miles to give them the biggest pud pod I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        They had no problem sending Oregon 3000 miles to give them the biggest pud pod I've ever seen.
        Yep, but Oregon is one of the Top 16 seeds.

That's the game. You almost have to be one of the Top 16 seeds to have a chance.

Comment

Wichita State and three texas schools played in Texas with officials that live in Texas= SCREWED
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

It just doesn't make sense to me. We don't host, sucks, but okay. But then we have to travel to the #3 seed. How the hell does UNI and K-State get higher seeds then us to play against. Geography doesn't matter, cause if it did, Albany, NY wouldn't be going to Cali and Colorado State wouldn't be going to Florida.

Comment

#16 seed Tulane finished the year 27-5.

Tulane was swept by Cal Poly.

It's losses were to Missouri, BYU, Cal Poly, Nebraska and UAB. Other than that it's non-conference schedule was unimpressive.

Apparently, the committee thinks much more of Conference USA than they do of the MVC.

Also Tulane won the Conference USA Tournament.

Comment

Going to the Texas subregional gives the Shocks a chance to knock off two tough teams. Remember WSU swept OU (at OU) and OU beat Texas (at UT). I think we have a chance to shock the volleyball world. I hope we seize the bull (or bull***t) by the horns and win!!
                :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Ultimately I believe the lack of respect WSU volleyball faces is similiar to what WSU baseball faced early in it day. The only way to garner national respect is to go out in the NCAA tournament and make some national noise (I'm talking deep run in the tourny). Then people will go out and take notice.

Comment

Bracket.

MEN   WOMEN           Beach Volleyball NC     Baseball DI DII DIII   Basketball DI DII DIII Basketball DI DII DIII   Field Hockey DI DII DIII Football FCS DII DIII   Ice Hockey NC   DIII Ice Hockey DI   DIII   Lacrosse DI DII DIII Lacrosse DI DII DII

Comment

I need to correct my self if Penn. St. Stanford Texas, and Nebraska are all # 1 seeds in each bracket. With each bracket having 16 teams or seeds like basketball. WSU would play in the 8-9 game. which would have WSU thought of as anywhere between 29-36. That is a big fall from #9 because of one loss.

UNI would play in the 7-10 game. My guess as the #10 seed.

Missouri State would play in the 8-9 game. My guess as the #9 seed.

With the Valley having 3 in the top 40. Why was Creighton left out they were the second best team in the Valley by 2 full games?

We have something to prove. Win this weekend and next weekend then one more win for good measure put WSU against Penn. State.

NCAA this is for you. YOU SUCK............
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

I need to correct my self if Penn. St. Stanford Texas, and Nebraska are all # 1 seeds in each bracket. With each bracket having 16 teams or seeds like basketball. WSU would play in the 8-9 game. which would have WSU thought of as anywhere between 29-36. That is a big fall from #9 because of one loss.

UNI would play in the 7-10 game. My guess as the #10 seed.

Missouri State would play in the 8-9 game. My guess as the #9 seed.

With the Valley having 3 in the top 40. Why was Creighton left out they were the second best team in the Valley by 2 full games?

We have something to prove. Win this weekend and next weekend then one more win for good measure put WSU against Penn. State.

NCAA this is for you. YOU SUCK............
                        As '72 said in an earlier post:

They seed the Top 16, after that they assign by geographical proximity.
                        Also, the committee does not look at the AVCA poll. It is completely meaningless to them.

UNI probably got the nod by getting to the MVC championship game.

Comment

What are all the host sights? Any other sights within the same distance as Austin or close to that distance other than Lincoln? Been there done that.

Comment

What are all the host sights? Any other sights within the same distance as Austin or close to that distance other than Lincoln? Been there done that.
                            Hawaii is nice this time of year. Or maybe St. Louis - Alabama A&M, Kentucky, Michigan.

Comment

Five girls from Texas on the team and a lot of possible recruits in Texas. Going to Austin as #13 can help the program. Winning will help also.

Comment

Five girls from Texas on the team and a lot of possible recruits in Texas. Going to Austin as #13 can help the program. Winning will help also.
                                Dammit... I just hate it when people use common sense! :D
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X