Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will be this week?

Chuck, golf course or elsewhere?

At this point I have no idea....as much as I want to hope, I believe, from what I've heard, that is not going to happen. We'll know around supper time.

(Did I just say supper?)

I have looked at the teams and now I hope for a trip to St Louis as a 2 seed....even a 3 wouldn't be the worst thing.

However, deep down, I think it's right back to Lincoln, and that blows.

It's terrible when your team loses one game (a 5-setter) yet you still can't host a regional.

Guess we'll have to be perfect next season... 8)

Comment

The rest of the MVC needs to step up their programs, or this will continually happen to WSU. I don't know if they'd have gotten a home regional had they won the MVC tourney and been undefeated. The MVC is not the toughest league and when a schedule has alot of those teams on it, it doesn't help out the cause.

And until the winner of the MVC regular season continually wins the conference tourney, it won't be going away anytime soon either. It probably kept Creighton from their chance of getting in, but the other schools will want it to stay because they still have a chance of going to the NCAAs.

So, I guess all coach Lamb can do is keep winning, recruiting the players that he is, and keep scheduling. The rest is completely out of his control.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
        The rest of the MVC needs to step up their programs, or this will continually happen to WSU. I don't know if they'd have gotten a home regional had they won the MVC tourney and been undefeated. The MVC is not the toughest league and when a schedule has alot of those teams on it, it doesn't help out the cause.

And until the winner of the MVC regular season continually wins the conference tourney, it won't be going away anytime soon either. It probably kept Creighton from their chance of getting in, but the other schools will want it to stay because they still have a chance of going to the NCAAs.

So, I guess all coach Lamb can do is keep winning, recruiting the players that he is, and keep scheduling. The rest is completely out of his control.
        The rest of the MVC needs to step up their programs, or this will continually happen to WSU.
        :yes:
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
          And until the winner of the MVC regular season continually wins the conference tourney, it won't be going away anytime soon either. It probably kept Creighton from their chance of getting in, ...
          I am sure that Missouri State is glad to have the conference tournament - I think their chances were slim and none (losing to Bradley?!) before. But give Coach Stokes credit - she made major changes to the lineup at the very end of the season, and they paid off. But I would disagree re Creighton. I think the order of teams that from the Valley that make the NCAA tournament is Missouri State, Wichita State, Creighton and Northern Iowa - not seeds in regionals, you understand, but "order to be chosen".

Comment

I will be at Koch or at home. Well maybe somewhere else?
            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Not sure where the Shocks will be, but I will be there at least in heart and spirit.

Maybe losing a match before the NCAA's will prove to be a blessing in disquise and will allow Lambo and the girls to focus on one thing -- playing good volleyball.

Whether we play at home or on the road this team is capable of doing good things. In fact, an argument could be made that the Shockers play better on the raod then at home.

:goshocks:

Comment

Man I was hoping for something by now.

Comment

Follow the links:

Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                    Man I was hoping for something by now.
                    So was I.....that I haven't heard anything by now concerns me......I'm just saying that I had reason to expect to hear by now.

Comment

Selection show is likely to start late. Should have brackets by then though.

Comment

I don't think not knowing yet has anything to do with Wichita State, but just that nothing has been announced yet..

Sheesh.. I'm not even that pessimistic.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Selection Show scheduled for 9:00 pm CST on ESPN-U.

As a general point of interest Penn State finished 32-0. However, even more impressive than that is that Penn State did not lose a set this year. They were 96-0. The first time that has ever occurred.

I have no idea where the Shocks will end up, but I'll go out on a limb here and make a bold prediction -- Penn State is the No. 1 national seed.

Comment

Way to hang your neck out there '72..... ;-)

I'll make an even bolder prediction.....Nebraska will host a 1st/2nd round bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Way to hang your neck out there '72..... ;-)

I'll make an even bolder prediction.....Nebraska will host a 1st/2nd round bracket.
                              I'll follow with a prediction of 2 bids for the MVC.

I'll even go as far to say that those bids will be MSU and WSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X