Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks vs Hawaii (Really Late Nite With Mike Kennedy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We certainly are very fortunate having two outstanding defensive players like Kelly and Melissa.

Interesting possibility using Melissa in the setter position.

Comment

• Originally posted by 83 Flyer
      Might I recommend that we confirm any rumor with at least a credible primary source before we post anything about a players condition. I thought SpanglerFan316 and dregn's posting on Stephanie needing O2 and not in top condition during the HI match was definitely whacked! I didn't hear anything from Mike K. during the match and decided to do some sleuthing on my own and found out (with two primary sources) that no one needed any O2, but they did need some serving lessons! I know we can do better folks!
      Well, 83, let's see what I wrote.

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      I thought I heard that Stephanie Tokarz had to have oxygen during the fourth or fifth game. Am I wrong about this? If we lost game 5 because we were really tired, then perhaps my suggestion in another thread might have been useful.
      " I think Lamb needs to develop more players. Suppose Lamb took Lungren, Tokarz, Niggemeyer, Harsh and Stockman completely out of game three and told them to rest. The UH halftime adjustments would have been messed up and, assuming we lost game 3, our best players would have been rested for games 4 and 5. In addition, bringing "subs" in for game 3 might have "messed with" the minds of the UH players. This is just a thought."
      http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtopic.php?t=8830
      I guess I was asking if the item (Stephanie Tokarz had to have oxygen) that I thought I heard (and I don't recall where; I was thinking it was on the radio or on volleytalk) was correct. HINT: "Am I wrong about this? "

From what you say, the answer to the oxygen question seems to be "no." Since I happen to like Stephanie and think she has lots of potential, this is good news. However needing oxygen is not a "condition"; you might notice that college and professional athletes sometimes use oxygen (without having any particular "condition"). I'm not sure why a "SN veteran" like you with 4 total posts is calling out people on this board. Maybe you could explain where you are coming from??? I certainly would not consider myself "definitely whacked" and, although I must not be as big a fan of Shocker volleyball as you with your four posts, I try to do my modest part to support the Shocks. I am happy that you have your "two primary sources"; in fact, several of us have "inside information" about WSU Athletics but we don't post it on SN or elsewhere on the Internet. Based on your posts so far, you would go on my "ignore list" if such a feature existed on SN (and I knew how to use it).

BTW: I do not think Stephanie Tokarz has as much stamina or endurance as some other WSU players. This is based solely on watching WSU home VB matches, listening to radio broadcasts and reading fan comments about WSU's play on sites like volleytalk. If I am wrong, this will not make me unhappy.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• I think Lambs qoute on the post game show was that they had Stephanie sitting on the bench "just trying to get some oxygen" in the fifth game. Which I'd take to mean that she was sucking wind, not necessarily taking pure oxygen.

Comment

• Kennedy also mentioned during the 3rd set of the EWU match that Melissa was training to be a setter. I think the competition for the 2nd setter is between her and freshman Kaitlyn Anderson. As long as we are running the 5-1 I think we'll see more of Kayla in the service game, but I don't see her getting in at setter much.

The way Katie and Stephanie have played the last couple weeks may keep McGee on the bench when she's back from injury, but Lamb likes her. It seems like the depth of the Shocks is really pushing some players which is the best response you can hope for when the fight for playing time is competitive.

Comment

• You know what folks? I was wrong and stand corrected in my rebut regarding the O2 issue. My intent was to keep misinformation at a minimum, hence my 'whacked' comment. Ok? Now, the real reason Tokarz doesn't play all around is because she's probably 5th or 6th on the team in digging. If you have 3 girls who can dig better than her, you better play them! Also, Lambo is working different girls in the rotation to find the right balance at all times; to effectively attack and play defense at any time regardless who's in. He's going to play girls who play well together.

BTW *316, you're confusing numbers of posts for overall intelligence and knowledge of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 83 Flyer
              BTW *316, you're confusing numbers of posts for overall intelligence and knowledge of the game.
              As I said previously: Based on your posts so far, you would go on my "ignore list" if such a feature existed on SN (and I knew how to use it).

BTW: I don't have the slightest idea of what you intend to say with your comment above.

ADDED: It's Monday and I had not had my coffee. I wrote:
              " I'm not sure why a "SN veteran" like you with 4 total posts is calling out people on this board."
              I was not questioning your knowledge of volleyball, 83 Flyer, which might be quite good. Usually a poster on a message board has to establish some creditability (or credibility :lol: ) on the board before criticizing another poster. Trolls with few posts on a board are often willing to make inflammatory criticisms; on many boards, they usually get kicked off the board before they can make a large number of comments. Thus the number of posts on a board does play some slight role in evaluating a person's comments.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
              X