Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks vs Santa Clara (Late Nite With Mike Kennedy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dregn
    blah, why did i shut off the feed...i'm not smart...can you recap a few of Lamb's comments?
    Obviously very happy about the match. Felt that the style of play for Santa Clara played into our strengths, because long sets gave us time to make decisions on the block. Thinks that we can still improve a whole lot because we are just starting this new system and people are still learning their roles.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      He thanked 1972, Spangler, dregn and yours truly for our support of Shocker Volleyball!

Seriously, we are the heart of the program.
      :wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
      don't forget TMH

and yes 72, that is the MVC tourney, thanksgiving weekend

Comment

To be fair, WSU dominated this match but SCU was without their All America player that has been out nursing a comeback from off season surgery.

Nevertheless. an impressive win, away from home, against a top 20 team.

Lambo was upbeat after the game. Much different than last week.

There haven't been a ton of wins any larger than this one tonight.

It is a GREAT day.............

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

He thanked 1972, Spangler, dregn and yours truly for our support of Shocker Volleyball!

Seriously, we are the heart of the program.
          :wsu_posters: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
          don't forget TMH

and yes 72, that is the MVC tourney, thanksgiving weekend

Ah yes, I forgot to mention the post game special on TMH as Lambo named him fan of the week and deservedly so......

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu:

Comment

I'd say the only ones bigger then this in my eyes was the first round NCAA win against Nevada and maybe the MVC tourny win the same year...this might even make a bigger statement then either of those, but Nevada was the tourney and the other was a championship.

Comment

This win should also pay dividends throughout the year as conference play begins.

All of these quality matches can do nothing but help the team improve and continue to make the MVC look stronger as someone will knock us off in the Valley. The competition is simply too good.

Comment

Not sure who is flying higher. Doc or Lambo? :good:

Comment

Neither am I, but I can PROMISE you I know who is more tired.

Good night all. :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I'd say the only ones bigger then this in my eyes was the first round NCAA win against Nevada and maybe the MVC tourny win the same year...this might even make a bigger statement then either of those, but Nevada was the tourney and the other was a championship.
                    The other one I would throw into the mix was breaking UNI's home winning streak.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

All very good wins. Another won that capped off a great season was our final MVC win of the 2005 regular season for the first and only undefeated regular MVC championship in WSU school history of any kind.

Comment

Looking at the Box Score this morning certainly supports the impression that the Shocks dominated last nights match.

As a team they held SC to anemic .030 hitting % which is outstanding. I think SC was hitting around 0.285 coming in to the match. The Shockers hit a solid 0.252.

The Shockers also had a total of 15 blocks (10 assisted and 5 solo) to 7 blocks for Santa Clara.

All-In-All a tremendous defensive effort by the Lady Shocks.

Individually, Emily Stockman had an outstanding all-around game with 12 Kills (12-5-35 = 0.200), 5 Aces and 18 digs, 1 Block Solo and 2 Block Assists.

Abby Harsh had solid match including 4 Kills and no attack errors.

Stephanie Tokarz and Katie Niggemeyer both had solid matches in the middle and both had 1 Block Solo and 5 Block assists.

Kelly Broussard was her usual stellar self on defense chipping in 17 digs, some spectacular according to Mike Kennedy.

Sara Lungren had her power game going well hitting a solid 0.294 with match leading 14 kills.

Lambo said in his post-game comments that Sara will have a difficult time maintaining a high hitting % this year with the type of 5-1 he is playing which he says is more of a men's style. He said in this system Sara get's the bulk of the out of system junk sets.

About the only area the Shocks fell a little short in was that they had 12 service errors to 6 for Santa Clara and that's been somewhat of a consistent issue with this team so far this year. Although I'm not sure how big of a deal this is for Lambo.

Now it's time to wash, rinse, repeat - wash, rinse, repeat - wash, rinse, repeat.

:goshocks:

Comment

Coach Lamb passed on a comment from the Santa Clara coached who told Lambo after the game that our team can play defense with ANYONE in the country.

High praise from a coach who regularly plays the best teams in the country.

Comment

Great win for the ladies last night!!

Comment

Coach Lamb passed on a comment from the Santa Clara coached who told Lambo after the game that our team can play defense with ANYONE in the country.

The best defensive team I saw play at Koch was Washington a few years back. It seemed like no matter where and how hard we hit it someone was there to get a hand on it to keep it from hitting the floor. When we block well in the middle this team towards the end of last year and so far this year reminds me a lot of that Washington's team defense. Broussard and Granville are very solid back row players.

Comment

The best defensive team I saw play at Koch was Washington a few years back. It seemed like no matter where and how hard we hit it someone was there to get a hand on it to keep it from hitting the floor. When we block well in the middle this team towards the end of last year and so far this year reminds me a lot of that Washington's team defense. Broussard and Granville are very solid back row players.
                                No kidding. That Washington team was unbelievable. The most remarkable thing was that their libero could turn a sprawled out one handed dig into a perfect pass to their setter. If we can be close to that this year we will be awfully good.

Comment

Working...
                                X