#12 Deserves It's Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCSCat
    The 'Cats still have to go to Nebraska so there most likely is one more loss so unless WSU loses I don't see us passing them.
    KSU also has #3 Texas at home.

It is difficult to see how losses to #2 Nebraska and/or #3 Texas will hurt the Wildcats in the rankings.

On the other hand, an upset over either team will move the Wildcats up in the rankings.

No doubt, even if KSU loses both matches their RPI goes up.

I just don't see anyway KSU gets hurt with these matches.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      Interesting but why bring politics into it? I guess I should expect...oh nevermind.

I would like to pass along a quick example of what is wrong in academialand. A student at WSU works for me. She told me today that her professor "warned" the class today that if Obama is not elected that there is going to be rioting in the streets all throughout the country.

I was so stunned, as so many retorts ran through my mind all at once, that I became totally speechless.

As usual, I weep for our youth.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Interesting but why bring politics into it? I guess I should expect...oh nevermind.

I would like to pass along a quick example of what is wrong in academialand. A student at WSU works for me. She told me today that her professor "warned" the class today that if Obama is not elected that there is going to be rioting in the streets all throughout the country.

I was so stunned, as so many retorts ran through my mind all at once, that I became totally speechless.

Who cares about politics. I thought this part was great.

Q. Who is the most overlooked player on WSU’s team?

A. Angela (Jakubov). She can do a lot of things and she always does. She plays a lot of positions. She’s had to battle throughout the years because we’ve had, obviously, some good lefts and she played left her first year. Then she was a passing middle, which you never find in college, it just doesn’t happen. She’s just battled throughout her career and I don’t think people give her credit for that.

I'm not worried about those of our youth who play on our volleyball team; they have proven that they have "the right (Shocker) stuff." As for "rioting in the streets," imagine what would happen if Gregg Marshall won the national championship in 2009. Wichita would go crazy. Imagine if the volleyball team went 37-0 and beat Penn State (or Nebraska) in the title match. There would be a serious party. So relax, don't worry about politics and enjoy life (= volleyball :D ).
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

not a political post?

Comment

One question and one comment:

Does Nebraska play Texas? If so, where at?

And I see St. Louis made it to the #25 spot this week with a 17-4 record.

Comment

Nebraska defeated Texas 25-17, 21-25, 25-23 and 25-18 on September 20th in Lincoln.

They play again in Austin on November 19th.

I believe that match will be on ESPNU.

Comment

Unanimity

Pretty remarkable in the poll that all 60 voters believe Penn State should be #1 and Nebraska #2.

Apparently there's nothing Nebraka can do except keep winning and hope Penn State stumbles, although at their level in the poll it really doesn't matter anyway, as they'll have their chance in tournament play to revise the rankings on the court.

Comment

The October 21st Wheatwire stated that hosting bids are due November 7th and the Shockers will submit a bid. The #12 ranking sure will help us host.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

My ol' buddy Thomas Hobbes says "They're breaking the social contract. Off with their heads!"
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

#11 Minnesota loses on the road to #20 Michigan in straight sets. Not sure if that will be enough for the Shocks to move up in the rankings or not.

#10 UCLA lost to #4 Cal. That should not drop UCLA much, if any.

Our sweep of Creighton will look good, our difficulty with Drake will not.

We'll find out tomorrow.

Comment

Anyone know what the highest a MVC team has ever gotten in the poles?

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
                          Anyone know what the highest a MVC team has ever gotten in the poles?
                          UNI has had a very good program for many, many years before Lambo turned WSU into an annual contender.

UNI was ranked #6 in the nation in 2002 when they went 34-3 and they also were ranked as high as #6 in 2003.

The lost in the NCAA Sweet 16 round in 1999, 2001 and 2002 and have made a total of 13 appearances in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Kansas State lost to Iowa State 3-2 on Wednesday and defeated Baylor in Waco on Saturday 3-2.

We shouldn't have to worry about the Wildcats passing us this week.

Comment

Anyway you look at it, the Shocks will still have their highest ranking ever. And that's plenty fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X