#12 Deserves It's Own Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #12 Deserves It's Own Thread

Gotta love it...I hope we can stay ahead of the kitties for the rest of the year. Doing so will greatly help our regional chances.

Only 178 points keeps us from the top ten.
    Hey one can dream right?

:good: :D :good: :D

Comment

I'm pleased with our move up. I thought we would pass CSU but wasn't sure how far USC would fall. I think the pollsters got it right. Moving up farther will be difficult because the teams in front of us are (with the possible exception of Florida) deserving of their ranking and play tougher schedules than we do. I would love to crack the top ten but I suspect that we won't. However, I could be perfectly happy with ending the year ranked #12. If we were to win out, I don't think anyone will pass us and that puts us in a pretty good position for the NCAA tournament selection process.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

K-State is very good and probably will host again this year. As long as they have the two big foreign players (Korobkova & Lilliom) they will be tough for anyone to handle.

All that the Shocks can do is keep winning. We have at least 5 very tough matches left including Creighton at home and UNI and MSU on the road during the regular season plus 2 (hopefully) tough matches in the the MVC post-season tournament.

Illinois State, Evansville and SIU can also be pesky teams if you don't show up ready to play. Especially Illinois State on the road.

First things first though and that is to handle the Creighton BlueJays this Friday. Creighton has played a tough schedule and is playing well lately. They have a history of playing the Shockers tough in Wichita. They will not be intimidated and they will come in thinking they can pull off the upset which would boost their hopes for a shot at the post-season.

One thing is for sure at the mid-way point of the MVC season, and that is we are absolutely getting everyone's best shot and ultimate effort every match we play. The second half will be no different. If anything the effort we see from our opponents the rest of the way will no doubt be even more intensified.

I realize most Shocker fans are pointing to Shocker Madness on Saturday. But I would strongly encourage all Shocker fans to make it out to the Chuck Friday night to support the Lady Shocks vs Creighton.

Should be another great match that you won't want to miss plus you have a chance to be part of a special, special year. And I mean a key part. Sara McGee said the crowd gave the team a big boost in the UNI match. We can do the same vs Creighton.

:goshocks:

Comment

1972: You are completely right. Creighton will be tough and we will need all the fans we can get to Koch. Make it a weekend; volleyball Friday and Saturday nights plus Shocker Madness!!!
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I guess with Colorado State we got a glimpse of what will happen to the Shockers in the rankings if we happen to stumble the rest of the way.

Comment

Just a glimpse....I can only think a loss would do us much more harm.

Both posters above, check email boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Just a glimpse....I can only think a loss would do us much more harm.

Both posters above, check email boxes.
                Checked. Replied. Waiting for the check. ;-)
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

And I heard they're giving away volleyballs or something to the first 600 kids on friday. So if you have them, it wouldn't hurt to show up early. I know my brothers girls are looking forward to that.

When they gave away conference champs shirts earlier in the year they showed up 45 minutes early and all the shirts were gone.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    When they gave away conference champs shirts earlier in the year they showed up 45 minutes early and all the shirts were gone.

No kidding. Mind you I am not for one minute complaining about the support, but I figured my daughter would get a shirt at 6:10 when we showed up but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. ;-)

Love the support!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      And I heard they're giving away volleyballs or something to the first 600 kids on friday. So if you have them, it wouldn't hurt to show up early. I know my brothers girls are looking forward to that.

I don't know who is sponsoring the Volleyball give away, but I would encourage them to double up and make that VB's to the 1st 1,200 kids.

Gee, it sure is easy spending other people's money! Maybe I should run for public office.

Comment

I really had figured CSU and USC would drop below us, but K-State would jump over us. Like to see us moved up to 12th though. Hopefully we can hold that spot for the rest of the year.

Comment

The 'Cats still have to go to Nebraska so there most likely is one more loss so unless WSU loses I don't see us passing them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            Maybe I should run for public office.
                            You've got my vote. ;-)

Comment

Might already be posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X