No announcement yet.

Shockers vs K-State (3,327 Fans Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her biggest weakness in my eyes would her passing game only because they kept her hidden on the serve recieves. That's probably the only reason I'd put Pavan above her. Pavan has pretty close to the same attacking ability, but she plays a similiar row as Lundgren were Nebraska relies on her all around game including recieving serves.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
      "Concerning the Russian player... I'd be very surprised if there is a better all-around volleyball player anywhere in the country... man or woman."

She's right there with most. Sara Pavan of Nebraska is still my guess for player of the year.
      I don't know that much about across the country talent.......is she really that good?????

If so I would feel better about the loss......

I remember TowelGate also Royal.....I have to admit that it was a bit rude but in her defense, the towel girl was in lala land and had no idea the ref was calling for her to clean for several seconds before she caught on. Still no reason to be a jerk.

Comment

Her biggest weakness in my eyes would her passing game only because they kept her hidden on the serve recieves. That's probably the only reason I'd put Pavan above her. Pavan has pretty close to the same attacking ability, but she plays a similiar row as Lundgren were Nebraska relies on her all around game including recieving serves.

I also felt she was winded somewhat easily. When she lost her legs a bit her game came down to average human. Maybe above average...ok way above average.

Comment

No doubt Korobkova is a very impressive college VB player and worth the price of a admission to see.

Here are her stats for tonight's match:

19 Kills, 9 Attack Errors in 47 attempts for a 0.213 hitting percentage.
          2 aces, 2 service errors, 12 digs, 4 block assists & 1 blocking error.

Very well rounded player indeed.

That said check out these stats from tonight's match:

Emily Stockman:
          20 Kills, 6 Attack Errors in 46 attempts for a 0.304 hitting percentage.
          2 aces, 4 service errors, 15 digs, 1 block assist.

Sara Lungren:
          21 Kills, 9 Attack Errors in 48 attempts for a 0.250 hitting percentage.
          1 ace, 1 service error, 11 digs, 1 block solo and 1 block assist.

I would say the Shocks also have some players worth the price of admission. Hopefully, many of the fans in attendance tonight will agree and will be back.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I think the russian player we saw in the 1st and 4th set is the one worth admission. Think she had 7 of her 19 kills in the first set. Even when we put up good blocking in front of her she simply powered it through. I remember one in the 4th set where Emily made a nice swing block setup and the girl still put it between her arms. She just has the power to put it by people. WuDr is definately right that she seemed tired at times and would make errors by hitting the ball long. She's as good of a hitter that I've seen play against us at Koch.

Stockman reminds me of a right handed Younes (i think Sara was left handed). I think her ace numbers will go up in conference play. I think she also looked a little winded in the 4th set.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              Originally posted by lemuel777
              If it was 6024 that showed up then Koch holds 15k, but it was a good 4000-4500 butts in seats.
              It was way more than half full, were you talking about during the last game of the match?
              I don't understand why dregn felt it was necessary to make such a post. Is he/she bitter about something? Is he/she a KSU fan? a KU fan? a troll?
              Actually I'm not done with that yet. That's probably the most offensive thing someone has posted about me in the 3-4 years I've been posting here. For whatever reason a year ago I pissed you off with a post I've made and I feel like you've held that against me for whatever reason. That's your choice and I put our little tiff behind me a long time ago and have tried to go out of my way to not make any comment that you may feel is negative against you.
              Sorry but I don't remember the post you mentioned. I also didn't remember that we had a disagreement in the past; life is too short to worry about internet arguments. I'll take your word that such a disagreement did occur. I didn't understand why someone wanted to "rain on the parade" after a very exciting VB match. You are correct that 6024 people were probably not in the seats but I'll bet that the number of actual people was closer to 6000 than to 5000. How many Cal Poly, North Texas and KSU fans do you think attended an earlier game but missed the KSU-WSU game? Probably not many. How many season ticket holders missed the game? I'll bet the number is small. I looked around Koch tonight and it looked more than half full to me.

Did I miss a recent thread on SN where we discussed the way the Big 10 or Big 12 or ACC count attendance? If so, I forgot it. Who cares about how others count attendance? This must be important to you. I just don't understand your motivation in making your initial post. Why "rain on the parade"?

If you really want to know my history with WSU as a student and a fan I have no problem giving it. Just send me a private message and I'll tell you my story. I've never posted things that are negative about players or the teams and I've always tried to stay positive well posting on this board.

In the meantime I don't think anyone would question SubGod on what kind of fan he is of WSU and he knows me personally. I definately think he could vouch for me that I'm as big of a fan of WSU, both the sports and the school, as anyone. He could also vouch that I would have a clue of how WSU reports attendence versus how they report it. This post may not be on topic, but i'm just very pissed and offended that you'd post something like that about me without having a clue who I am.
              I am willing to accept your word that you are a strong Shocker fan. I'm not sure WHY a strong Shocker fan would post as you did but there are lots of things I don't understand. I forget who on SN are KSU or KU fans and I thought a fan of such a school might post to belittle WSU. Obviously I was wrong.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

There was a thread in the basketball forum that was discussing conference tournament attendence recently. I didn't make the post to "rain on a parade", but to give me take on the number which was posted and made a big deal of in this thread. It was my personal opinion on the attendence, nothing else.

Comment

Dregn:
                  I just hate how I see posters make comments about how the Big XII basketball tournaments inflate their numbers, but people don't think WSU and the Valley does the same.
                  I assume that the poster you are referring to is me since I’m the one who criticized the ACC for their method of reporting CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT attendance (but only after a poster alluded to these dubious figures as proof of BCS conference tournaments outdrawing the lowly MVC tournament). Their tournament attendance figures in Tampa were inflated as were probably the Big12 and any other conference that routinely rotates their tournament location. The reason, I believe and also clearly stated, is purely economic.

With the exception of these rotating CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS, everyone is reasonably consistent in using ticket sold in lieu of attendance figures, particularly individual schools during seasonal games/tournaments.

It is simply not an individual school issue; it is a league office issue relating to CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS and was addressed as such! Your tirade on WSU volleyball attendance was absolutely astounding.

If you feel your precious Big12 is unjustly accused, speak up when it occurs, and chastise me for my comments, not WSU. And yes, your comments do appear, to me at least, as being from a big fan of the Big12; otherwise why even make the comments?

Frankly I find the whole discussion of CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT attendance figures rather silly because basically they are meaningless … until someone uses them as proof of some imagined superiority.

Comment

dregn— nobody I sat with got tapped on the shoulder by a blind guy, so you must have missed our row.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Definitley 6000 there last night, no doubt about it.
                      But we can't run a 5-1 with a setter who isn't going to block, I was frustrated the whole night. We win a game and then change the lineup.
                      Plus the 5-1 has Sara serve rec. then blocking, she is good but I don't think quick enough. What happen to Jakubov, switched to outside and faded away. Our setting is not bad enough to not play a 6-2, sitting at the end of the court I saw plenty of sets last night that missed their mark.
                      Sorry, could go on. Just frustrated that we have possibly hundreds of people seeing vb for the first time and we do not show our best.

Comment

There was a thread in the basketball forum that was discussing conference tournament attendence recently. I didn't make the post to "rain on a parade", but to give me take on the number which was posted and made a big deal of in this thread. It was my personal opinion on the attendence, nothing else.
                        Then I suspect that you cannot see how your post might look like one from a fan of another school (e.g. KSU,KU,CU,MSU,SIU) who wanted to belittle WSU and suggest that the attendance figures were completely false.
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
                          dregn— nobody I sat with got tapped on the shoulder by a blind guy, so you must have missed our row.
                          Even a blind person would have been able to tell that there were more than dregn's 4500 actual fans from the noise at the end of the second game.

Comment

I can see if you didn't know the person you may think they were trying to belittle WSU, but when you've refered to me as a pollyanna related to WSU volleyball I thought maybe you'd you remember me. I don't even know why this is continuing. It's my estimate based on past experiences of estimating crowds and my opinion. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion and I'm not going to try and belittle them. I'll admit my 4000-4500 was probably low after thinking of it more, but if I was on the price is right I wouldn't go much over 5k.

Comment

I would guess right around 5k were really there.

Comment

If you really wanna know what I'm like come on by and meet me. Section 126, usually in the first 10 rows along the west side of the section. Name is Dennis and I'll be wearing a Coca-Cola Zero shirt today I think. We can talk WSU sports, WSU the school, or anything else. I'll even buy the first pitcher at the Cedar afterward if your up for it (as long as I still have enough time to make it up to the hockey rink by 6ish).

Comment

Working...
                                X