No announcement yet.

Chelsey Feekin - Verbals to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There might be 1 more week of HS Rankings from Prepvolleyball.com but for now Papillion-LaVista moves up to #6 in the country.

:good:

Chelsey led the team in assists and aces, but was also 3rd in kills AND 2nd in blocks.

Here's to hoping Chelsey is good friends with So. MB Chelsea Albers whom I believe is the next big star from this volleyball factory.

Comment

Wonder if Chelsey is tracking her 'Sister Shockers'?

Comment

Final 2008 Century Club National Top 100 High School Rankings
        6. Papillion-La Vista (Papillion, Nebraska)
        They were ranked #18 in the preseason poll.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

My daughters team played Nebraska elite last weekend. I was very impressed with Chelsey. She is an extremely talented VB player and should bring alot of excitment to Koch.

Comment

Originally posted by W51shocker
            My daughters team played Nebraska elite last weekend. I was very impressed with Chelsey. She is an extremely talented VB player and should bring alot of excitment to Koch.

Awesome update and thanks!

Did Chelsey play setter or did she do something else? Given your experience and knowledge of the game, what do you expect from her in her first season?

:good:

Comment

She played setter against us. She is very athletic, has a great vertical jump, and a killer jump set that she can kill off of if you leave her uncovered. I am not an expert on volleyball, but have learned a thing or two since my daughter started playing on the elite level 4 years ago. We play some of the best teams in the midwest and great lakes region and she impressed me as much as any setter I have seen this year. I project her to fight for playing time immediately. I know I would love to have my daughter playing with her . Coach Lamb has done a wonderful job at WSU and if he continues to recruit this level of player you can expect to go much deeper into the tournament very soon.
              :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by W51shocker
                Coach Lamb has done a wonderful job at WSU and if he continues to recruit this level of player you can expect to go much deeper into the tournament very soon.
                :goshocks:
                Heh heh.... :yahoo:

Comment

Wichita State
                  Feekin, Chelsey Listed on: 4/29/2008
                  S 6-1 Papillion-La Vista Papillion, NE

Fields, Elizabeth Listed on: 3/13/2009
                  MB/OH 6-1 Santa Rosa Santa Rosa, CA Empire

New Mexico State
                  Ziegler, Stephanie Listed on: 9/6/2008
                  OH 5-9 Canyon del Oro Tucson, AZ
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Yep, I missed the Stephanie Zeigler change, thanks Spangler.

RK now reporting Ashley Andrade from the same area but different school has committed to play in the '09 season.

Ashley has been interested in us, and WSU in her, for some time now.

6'2" MB.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Are they both coming next year or is Ziegler not coming.

Comment

Ziegler is going to New Mexico State.

Ashley will be a Shocker.

Of course, I put this in the Feekin thread (I am an idiot) so just to be clear, Feekin will also be a Shocker.

Comment

Ziegler must be a tremendous athlete to be so highly regarded as an outside hitter at 5'9". Still at that size you wonder if her high school success is translatable to D-1 VB.

Emily Stockman who is a tremendous athlete at 6'0" occassionally has probolems hitting against size, although she is terrific at making adjustments.

Ashley sounds like a quality get.

Comment

Chelsey participated in The Nebraska High School All-Star Volleyball Match.

The Nebraska Coaches Association is having an all-star volleyball match tonight featuring future Huskers, Gina Mancuso and Hayley Thramer. Also competing will be UCLA's Lauren Cook and Wichita
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

A quote from an observer posted in the VolleyTalk thread linked to by TMH:

3. Feekin- Witchita State- If not for Cook, could be the best setting prospect out of Nebraska since Lindsey Hunter(Missouri), VERY aggressive at the net, would probably be a top recruit if she played solely on the right side, solid serve, solid blocker at 6'1, Witchita State will definitely be proud.

Comment

Working...
                              X