Elsewhere Around American Conference Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's results:

UCF 3 at Temple 0 (Temple eliminated from a chance at the AAC title as slim as they were)
    USF 3 at UConn 1 (Thought UConn would be much better they way the played the Shocks on the 1st weekend of conference play)
    Memphis 0 at SMU 3 (No surprise there)
    Cincy 3 at Tulane 1 (So much for Tulane's 11-2 non-con record)
    ECU 3 at Houston 2 (Not a great night for the home teams - Houston loses despite outscoring ECU 107 - 95 )

I wondered where flyingMoose was with these scores. Now I know.

Comment

• UConn plays Maryland on Sunday for the National Championship in Field Hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        UConn plays Maryland on Sunday for the National Championship in Field Hockey.
        The sad part is UConn Field Hockey plays in the big east. The AAC doesn't sponsor the sport and won't get credit for the championship.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I wondered where flyingMoose was with these scores. Now I know.
          I have noticed recently that some of my posts are delayed. ("Replies are on the next page. Click here to see them." or something to that effect.) I must have been a bad boy somewhere along the line to get on the system's possible-spammer list. The posts eventually appear in the proper time order, but they do not appear immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            UConn plays Maryland on Sunday for the National Championship in Field Hockey.
            UConn wins over Maryland, 2-1.

Congratulations!!, UCONN_Husky

Comment

• Sunday AAC Volleyball Scores:

UCF 3 at UConn 2
              USF 1 at Temple 3
              ECU 2 at Tulane 3
              Cincy 3 at Houston 0
              Memphis 3 at Tulsa 1

Haven't been many days this year where Memphis and Tulane have won AAC matches on the same day.

AAC Sunday Volleyball Recap
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 19, 2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Wednesday's AAC Volleyball Recap.

Not that it is of much relevance although this tidbit might be of interest to Shocker fans:

Wichita State20 3, Memphis 0
                With a sweep over Memphis, the Shockers extended their conference winning streak to 19 matches, which are the most American Athletic Conference victories in a single season and longest league winning streak.

Comment

• Tulsa swept SMU today in Dallas dropping the Ponies into a 2nd place tie with Temple at 15-5. A full 5 games behind the undefeated AAC Champion Wichita State Shockers.

Temple eeked at out 5 set win over UConn today.

ECU swept Cincy.

Houston won a 5-setter at Tulane.

UCF and USF play Saturday night.

AAC Friday Volleyball Recap
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 24, 2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• flyingMoose
                    flyingMoose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know at least a couple of teams (SMU, Cincy) had key injuries, but the AAC is going to have to up its recruiting or the Shockers will be the AQ for awhile.
                    Or maybe it was a down year for a lot of teams in a year when the Shockers were very, very good.

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think the Shocks will come back to the pack a bit next year. I know we have good players in the wings and coming in but I just don't see how we will be able to replace Emily, Abbie and Mikaela without some growing pains. I could see next year's team being similar to the freshman year for these 3 seniors 4 years ago. A 20-10 season and no NCAA appearance. But we'll see how it goes.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I liked a lot of the talent that the 2nd tier teams had in their FR and SO class. I do think there's clear separation in coaching. Lambo's on a different level and the program has year round expectations that I don't see YET among our conference mates. In general, I think several AAC teams will improve over the next couple of seasons at least. As for us, we lose too much to have expectations anywhere near recent seasons. Not that they can't or won't be good, even winning the conference. But we're going to be SO young and inexperienced. As I've said earlier, I believe Kora will be a special setter, as good as anyone, but her next assist will be her first. Outside of a great Libero in Civita, we have nothing proven. Tabitha is the only on the floor outside. I do believe we have at least one in the works addition that will provide immediate help there. And we have a very good recruiting class. Just so many questions.
                Working...
                X