Shockers at the LUV Invitational to Open the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    Excited for this. First Shocker volleyball game I'll be following EVER, basically. Hopefully we can come out with a win against what seems like a great opponent.
    If you haven't done so yet I would suggest you listen to the Sports Daily podcast of this morning's interview with Lambo above. Then tune in to Mike Kennedy about 15 minutes before game time tomorrow to catch the pre-game show. You can pick up a lot of tidbits over time listening to Lambo. Mike does a very good job calling the Volleyball games and has said it is one of his favorite things to do.

I don't know if I would call Lipscomb a great opponent but I think they are a good opponent and after today's results in the AAC the Shocks better come ready to play. I would feel a bit better about this match if the Shocks could of played ETSU before taking on Lipscomb.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I would feel a bit better about this match if the Shocks could of played ETSU before taking on Lipscomb.
      The host team doesn't get to set the schedule for nothing.

EDIT: Of course, that comment is not really fair. Travel considerations dictated the scheduling of this tournament.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; August 26, 2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Today's the day! Shocker sports are back!
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          This was an excellent segment and was quintessential Lambo. Here is a link to the podcast of that segment.
          If WSU has a strong weekend and the rest of the AAC muddles through a couple more 5-10 days, I would expect some more "quintessential Lambo" remarks about moving conferences lol Chris has high expectations for himself and his program, and he expects others to join the party, and rightly so.

Comment

I wonder which 15 made the trip? Pretty safe to assume

1. Mikaela Raudsepp
            2. Gabi Mostrom
            3. Tabitha Brown
            4. Emily Hiebert
            5. Giorgia Civita
            6. Hannah Shelton
            7. Abbie Lehman
            8. Jenny Whitledge

Comments in news articles lead me to speculate the next 7 as:

9. Kora Kauling
            10. Abby Pugh
            11. Emma Wright
            12. Alex Koon

I feel pretty good about that group, but the last 3 are tough.....totally guessing:

13. Jordan Roberts (I think you need 3 setters)
            14. Brooke Smith (also mentioned in the middle)
            15. Kara Maleski (nod to the senior but hoping one of the RFr either Lauren Hinrichs or Regan Stiawalt has made progress)

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

1. Mikaela Raudsepp
              2. Gabi Mostrom
              3. Tabitha Brown
              4. Emily Hiebert
              5. Giorgia Civita
              6. Hannah Shelton
              7. Abbie Lehman
              8. Jenny Whitledge

9. Kora Kauling
              10. Abby Pugh
              11. Emma Wright
              12. Alex Koon

I feel pretty good about that group, but the last 3 are tough.....totally guessing:

15. Kara Maleski (nod to the senior but hoping one of the RFr either Lauren Hinrichs or Regan Stiawalt has made progress)
              Wasn't Lambo saying that freshman Chase Jackson has a chance to be a starter? He also mentioned some injury so I may be out of the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Wasn't Lambo saying that freshman Chase Jackson has a chance to be a starter? He also mentioned some injury so I may be out of the loop.
                I missed that in the interview. He did say Chase could start on the right but is nursing an injury. Next week could be different than this week.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  Lambo did say that but that Chase was dealling with a leg injury and would not play this weekend but that could change next weekend.

Comment

Arizona beats ETSU 3-1 in a very contested match. Shox and Lipscomb up next!

Comment

So far Mike Kennedy is reporting: Testing 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, thank you Mark.

Obviously the prior match has pushed the start time back. I think just heard the PA announcer in the background say the WSU match would start in 30 minutes. About 12:30.

Comment

Is this on the radio? If so, where?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

1. Mikaela Raudsepp
                          2. Gabi Mostrom
                          3. Tabitha Brown
                          4. Emily Hiebert
                          5. Giorgia Civita
                          6. Hannah Shelton
                          7. Abbie Lehman
                          8. Jenny Whitledge

9. Kora Kauling
                          10. Abby Pugh
                          11. Emma Wright
                          12. Alex Koon

I believe the 15 is an American Conference rule that only applies to Conference matches. So he may be taking the full roster with him these 1st 3 weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            No radio. You can listen through goshockers.com or probably the Go Shockers app.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Not ont he radio. Internet stream only or live stats.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                The host team doesn't get to set the schedule for nothing.

EDIT: Of course, that comment is not really fair. Travel considerations dictated the scheduling of this tournament.
                                True but when the home team is trying to attract high caliber teams like Wichita State and Arizona the home team may not be driving the bus. They often do what they have to do to make it work for those teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X