2017 Spring Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
    I wonder who is going to replace Jodie Larson? Ditto for Dani Mostrum & Katy Dudinski? All big shoes to fill. I'm really hoping that Jenny Whitledge will be ready to play full time by Aug. Lambo had built his offense around her until she was injured very late in the practice season. At least that was the impression I had from what he said about her. She is an exceptonal passer & Lambo highly values that skill.
    All excellent and accurate assessments. Jenny is a fantastic 6 way player, mostly because of her passing. I think Lambo's comment about Abbie Lehman expanding her role should tell us she's possibly going to take Jenny's role if she can't go or perhaps they will both play 6 ways.

I could see a very short rotation next season. It's not out of the questions that Tabitha, Michaela, Jenny, Emily and Abbie could all play 6 rotation.

Comment

I don't think he so much designed the offense around Jenny as he designed the offense with her being a key piece that would allow him to play a certain way. When she went down he had to go to plan B, etc. Seems like he was searching for a good part of the year.

I think when they really started playing well was when Jody started setting the ball later in the season. With Jody's ability to set the ball in addition to her other 6-rotation skills and Emily's ability to attack Lambo was able to go with a lineup that allowed him to seamlessly morph into and out of a 6-2 and a 5-1 attack.

Comment

Evening everybody, finally joined the forum after reading from a far for 6 yrs, big volleyball fan, got a lot to jabber about from the comments of the day. A lot of talk about roster size, possible transfers, 15 man traveling roster this year, if any new recruits were in last weekend and ACL injuries which mounted to 4 of our players over the past year. I had the opportunity of seeing all the spring ball scrimmages.Let me add some input to the roster size. Over the past 5-6 yr's Coach Lamb has carried probably an average of at least 25 student/athletes. On an average he does and probably will rotate in about 11 players in each match which leaves a lot of players on the sidelines. These girls came as rock star's from high school. They did not land here to sit, but he does always give them chances to work there way on the floor from good production in practice. We all know Lambo is a stat freak. But now with the AAC 15 man traveling rule, I think you might see more transfers after this season. Confirmed is Natalie did retire and Emma Tynan is going to West Carolina area. Didn't see any groups of in coming last week at the Wichita scrimmages. Did see Lambo before everything started setting with a family talking in the stands. As far as the injuries, Regan is on her second surgery as I was told, Gio is hoping to be on the court by Aug as stated above. Don't know much about Megan Grimes progress, not sure if it happened during the season or after. Jenny Whitledge probably is the farthest along with her injury/recovery beings it took place the 1st practice of the season last year. She played over the 3 weekends of scrimmages in the Libero and DS position. To me it was amazing to see her on the court already after only 7 months removed from surgery. True not 100% yet, probably at 70%, but still has 4 months of further workouts with Adam and rehab with Kat. Coaches are very pleased with her progress as well as Kat says shes right on target. I asked Jenny about her outside hitting and she said right now she is on a controlled amount of jumps per day, but that is progressing very well. Very excited for her as of all of the ACL injured girls to find there way back on the court. Jenny's a 5th year senior as is Emily, Abby,Hanna with Mik and Gabi as traditional seniors. This brings a lot of experience and leadership to the court along with Tabitha. I think some youth will step up and you never know what diamond in the rough might show up with the incoming. Hope I didn't bore you, might of been a little long winded, promise I will be shorter in my comments to come, Go Shocker Volleyball! Congrats to Shawn for his Associate Head Coach promotion. Excited to compete in the our new league, traveling ought to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by AAC-SHOCKERS View Post
          But now with the AAC 15 man traveling rule, I think you might see more transfers after this season.
          Should be very easy to find 15 men that would volunteer to travel with the Shockers. :tongue-new:

BTW, good info. Thanks for sharing. Were the Shocks running mostly a 5-1 or 6-2 offense or were they mixing it up?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Should be very easy to find 15 men that would volunteer to travel with the Shockers. :tongue-new:

BTW, good info. Thanks for sharing. Were the Shocks running mostly a 5-1 or 6-2 offense or were they mixing it up?
            LOL, I guess players would of been a better choice than man.:worked_till_5am: When I was there it was basically 5-1. with Regan down, that only leaves Emily and Jordan Roberts right now. And when they were on multiple courts it was straight 5-1. Emily and Jordan rotated sometimes when it was just one court. A lot of different combinations, just seeing what some of the girls could do against live competition other than their selves. Mik and Abby sat at times giving a few of the new girls some more playing time on the pins and middle, as you said mixing it up. Definitely not the 6-2 system they were working hard on last spring.

Comment

Working...
            X